Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Any Idea's about early shift?
      #236145 - 01/06/06 04:05 AM
Finch

Reged: 08/13/05
Loc: Worcester UK

Hey

Basically i need some advise if anyone could help i would be really appreciative. I work a early shift at my local shop i start at 6.30am and im always having trouble with my stomach around 7 - 8 ish i dont eat anything before i go cause im too scared to upset my stomach but still i have cramps and real bad spasms while serving people (which im sure everyone can understand is very embarresing )and i often end up after my shift trying to get home to the bathroom asap which ends up in servere spasm/cramping which then i have to stay still and just wait for it to pass . Is there anything i can be taking/drinking/eating to maybe delay it a bit im on loperamide/mebeverine/dothiepen/motilium? (excuse spelling) ?

Thank you for reading

Dom Hey Hey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any Idea's about early shift? new
      #236151 - 01/06/06 05:13 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Morning is my worst time, too. Maybe this wouldn't work for you since are at work by 6:30 AM, but what I do is make sure I have plenty of time to wake up in the morning - like an hour or an hour and a half. That usually gives my stomach time to wake up, as well. I also take an SFS in the morning. Benefiber stirred in 2 cups of water is what works for me.

#236152 - 01/06/06 05:17 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd have to have something to eat before going out. Maybe try just having something like a slice of toast or half a bowl of oatmeal?

#236154 - 01/06/06 05:21 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I can't manage food just after I get up unless I am very well, so I usually eat about an hour and a half afterwards in the work canteen.

I recommend bringing something that you can snack on as a mini breakfast if you get a break at work- Heather's banana bread from the Eating for IBS book is perfect, a couple of slices of that always sort me out when my tummy starts snarling.

If I absolutely have to eat before I leave for work (due to a morning meeting for example) I munch on some dry cereal before I go out or some banana bread. Oatmeal goes straight through me if I eat it as soon as I get up, as does cereal with soy milk.

Also I find that fat free crackers are a good tummy stabilising munch to have.

--------------------
S.

When i worked the 5 AM shift... new
      #236204 - 01/06/06 08:17 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I didn't eat before driving, but did take my SFS and eat a SF snack when I first got to work (before I officially started)and then would take a quick potty break about an hour to an hour and a half later (I scheduled my first break for then) when the BM and need to sit on the potty would hit... then after that I would eat another small SF snack and eat more at 9 when my lunch break hit and a small snack again on my later day break- about noon...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#236417 - 01/06/06 07:38 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I agree with Linz, you should try to eat a little something before going to work. If I don't eat something in the morning, 2 hours or so later my IBS starts acting up, and of course you have the loud rumbles in your tummy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2233 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1037

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review