All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soluable fiber supplement abroad
      #23604 - 10/16/03 12:04 PM
Gina Rodriguez2

Reged: 10/16/03

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting a message. I was hoping to get some help. I was recently diagnosed with IBS and am going through a very painful spell. I started to follow the advice under, "What to eat when you can't eat anything". My problem is this, I live in Toulouse, France and am unable to find any of the soluable fiber supplements listed on this site. I did find a powder called Solgar apple pectine powder that appears to have been imported from the US. The directions say to take one fourth of a teaspoon and combine it with a glass of water. Does anyone know if 1) This powder should work just as well as the others listed on the site? and 2)What dosage I should be taking to begin with? If there is anyone who lives in France and knows where to find the American Fiber supplements mentioned on the site, could you let me know?

Thanks very much,

Gina Rodriguez

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soluable fiber supplement abroad new
      #23606 - 10/16/03 12:19 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I don't know where you could find them where you live..but check over the internet...do a serch for fiber. Maybe you can by some that way!! Good luck!

--------------------

#23609 - 10/16/03 12:28 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

ok I did a serch and found this...www.aragonproducts.com When the page opens the top left corner has search area. Do a serch on citrucel. They sell it ans will ship International!! Hope that helps!!! Look around and see if you can find some better deals!!! At least that place will ship it to you!

--------------------

#23622 - 10/16/03 03:14 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Gina and welcome to the boards!

From checking here, it is my understanding that it is soluble fiber and should work fine for you. It looks like it works similar to Benefiber, where you can mix it into moist foods like yogurts, soups, cereals, as well as drinks.

It looks like 1/4 tsp = 1 gram of fiber. I would follow the dosage amounts that Heather recommends here, and see how this brand works for you. If you have problems, then maybe look into trying to find another brand.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out with it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review