All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Update & plan new
      #235925 - 01/05/06 09:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Your plan sounds good. Here are a couple of links that might help you with it, in case you haven't already run across them:

Sticky post about how to switch from another SFS to acacia; you should be able to apply the same logic to switching from metamucil to Citracel

Newsletter archive - In June 2005 Heather did a couple of newsletters specifically on the 5 frustrations of C; she talks specifically about transitioning gradually from relying on laxatives and/or colon cleanses to relying on SFS

HTH. Good luck.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thnk you Sand!-nt- new
      #235929 - 01/05/06 09:45 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: Diet? new
      #236058 - 01/05/06 04:20 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I have read a lot about cleanses, I've known people who've done cleanses, and I did a quasi-cleanse with IBS Support by Renewlife. (It's not really classed as a colon cleanse because it doesn't have everything in it that makes you go.)

Anyhow, when you do the cleanse, you're suppose to eat very light, have lots of liquids, green drinks, and vegetables raw or cooked, so your system is in a cleansing state. Otherwise, you'll congest your system, and cause problems. After doing the cleanse, you're suppose to take supplements and probiotics to support your intestines, and gradually introduce back solid foods, otherwise it will be too much for your system to take and it will cause all kinds of havoc.

I am by no means an expert, but many people, including doctors, don't know everything that's involved in doing a proper cleanse, and I think that's where it will cause people a lot of troubles.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5447 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2290

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review