All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ROOIBOS TEA,
      #235010 - 01/01/06 12:24 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I did a few things differently, Yesterday and paid for it miserably!! I just don't know what it was that caused it and would like some "professional" input!!

I drank some Rooibos tea for the first time, yesterday because I heard it was good for stomach cramps, stomach ulcers and well, everything I have.

Well, I was sicker this morning than I have been in a long time. I had a violent D attack! I know I've been having more attacks in the past couple of weeks but this one was BAD!!! Burning loose BM's....FATAL NAUSEA and bad stomach pains, sweats, shaking, burping, gas, etc!! No C like last time!!!

Could the Rooibos have done this?? I read that Rooibos tea is VERY LOW IN TANNIN and could be consumed all day even by children and pregnant women without side effects. they say it's safer than most of the herbal teas. ?????????? It did say somewhere that people use it for constipation, too, though because of the magnesium that is in it but ther's also calcium just not as much as magnesium. ???????

Well, I also increased my coconut oil yesterday from 1 TSP to 3/4 TBS, for the first time. I was burping coconut oil all night last night. I read in my GARDEN OF LIFE book that coconut oil is really good for stomach problems and everyone knows I have GERD. It's also very high in fat, but it didn't trigger an IBS attack immediately so I thought I was HOME FREE!

I also drank some decaf Green Tea, yesterday for the first time.

I think I did too many FIRST TIMES, yesterday. I have no idea what caused this but I think I better eliminate all of them until I feel better.

Then I will try the Rooibos, again first, since I'm desperately looking for a new tea. I don't think it was the green tea???

I'm banking on the coconut oil. What do you guys think??? It's hardly IBS safe, but I have taken it before (for my stomach problems) without side effects as long as I don't take too much. Oh, it even says on the side of the jar that it has NO NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS. So, who knows....help!?

Happy New Year!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I did do a search, too! new
      #235011 - 01/01/06 12:28 PM
anlikerm

I searched the boards for Rooibos tea BEFORE I drank it and no one said they had bad side effects from it except for Kate. ?????????
Are me and Kate the only ones that can't tolerate this tea??

Kate~ Have you tried this tea, again, lately?? Does it still give you reflux??? I noticed you were drinking it alot before......and then one day you said it gave you reflux and you didn't drink it anymore. Do you know why it started giving you reflux??? I read that it's supposed to be good for stomach ulcers, heartburn and all that. But, who knows!!! I always seem to be the EXCEPTION!!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

the computer is screaming "OVERLOAD...OVERLOAD!!" lol new
      #235012 - 01/01/06 12:31 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Maybe that was it...too many changes at the same time. I tried the rooibos tea...wasn't particularly impressed, but then again, it might have just been the flavor. As for the green tea, I can drink it sparingly, but not often, but then again, tea is a HUGE trigger for me, so I really haven't found a particularly safe one yet. I have a box of peppermint tea waiting on my counter...but haven't opened it yet. As for the coconut oil....OH YEAH...my money is on THAT ONE! The only way you'll know is to give your stomach time to settle and try them one at a time and give a few days in between each trial. I feel for ya! Hope things settle soon!

Re: Thanks, Meep! new
      #235015 - 01/01/06 12:46 PM
anlikerm

Aren't we just a pair?!? What are we gonna do???

I actually felt fine all morning......I ate a bagel and still felt hungry and I was getting ready to make another one and I decided to pop a gas-x and as soon as I swallowed that thing, the attack hit me like about 15 seconds later.

I didn't even think about it maybe being the GAS-X. Gas-X usually doesn't give me problems.

I hope you feel better soon, too!! Let me know if you find a good tea that isn't a trigger!!! I usually don't have a problem drinking different herbal teas but lately since I've been so sick, I am finding it harder and harder to venture from Chamomile, which gives me a headache.

I think you're right. MAJOR OVERLOAD!! I guess I will just cut EVERYTHING out until I feel better and then try again......I think I'm going to leave the coconut oil alone for good, this time. The reduced reflux is NOT WORTH the IBS-D ATTACKS that it causes!!! It's like which one do I want more?? GERD or IBS??? Hmmmmmmm......LOL!!

Thanks so much and feel better soon!! Happy New Year! So much for mine starting out HAPPY!!! Bleh!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Thanks, Meep! new
      #235026 - 01/01/06 01:16 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

I can't take gas-x or phazyme. They make my gas soooooo much worse. And it turns into a burning, painful, trapped gas. I quit taking them and as soon as I did, the really painful gas stopped. I still have the "toots" but they are just my "normal" ones.

Yep....just nickname me "Tootie" hehe

Re: Maybe I should stop taking them, too. new
      #235035 - 01/01/06 01:40 PM
anlikerm

I just started taking it again this week. So, maybe I should stop taking them. I haven't noticed an improvement in my gas, anyway!! LOL!

*TOOT, TOOT!!* LOL!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: ROOIBOS TEA, new
      #235038 - 01/01/06 02:09 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I use both Rooibos tea, and coconut oil on an almost regular basis and I haven't had any problems with it. Were you drinking pure rooibos, or a mix of it with other flavors? What kind of coconut oil are you using? The only two good ones I've used is virgin coconut oil from Tropical Traditions and Garden of Life.

Your system seem to be ultra sensitive so I don't know if the tea, coconut oil, or gas-x was the trigger. Have you ever been tested for parasites or candidas?

Re: Yep.... new
      #235041 - 01/01/06 02:13 PM
anlikerm

I've been tested for all of it and everything comes back okay! I use the Virgin Coconut Oil too, by Garden of Life and the Rooibos tea that I was drinking had vanilla and pear in it. It said it had pear "pieces", so it might have been that since ALL fruit gives me horrible D, right now.

I wonder......with you being okay with all of it....I don't know. I guess my system IS just ultra sensitive!!

Thanks Gracie!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: ?? new
      #235043 - 01/01/06 02:17 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Maybe it was the fruit. Try pure rooibos tea and see if you get the same problem. I like buying the loose organic rooibos from a health store, but I think pure rooibos in tea bags would be fine too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Re: ?? new
      #235046 - 01/01/06 02:21 PM
anlikerm

I was thinking that last night when I looked on the side of that container and saw "pear pieces". I thought it was just pear "flavoring". I don't know...I will try the plain rooibos in a couple days and see what happens. I don't have the loose stuff but I do have the Rooibos that you get at the grocery store. I bought the Honeybush Rooibos and the regular plain Rooibos.

Thanks!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2400 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6850

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review