All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Stephie new
      #234505 - 12/30/05 02:05 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am sooo happy for you that you are getting this advice and getting back on track with food. I heard a dietician on the radio recently talking about getting variety in our diets and pointing out that we all seem to eat the same thing all the time and that over time our body builds up intolerances to it. How many of you have the same things in your supermarket trolley every week? I know I do unless I make a very conscious effort otherwise.

Also I wanted to let everyone know that if you want to check out your diet nutrition wise fitday.com does this if you enter all your foods into it. I got a big shock when I did this last year for about six weeks. I wasn't getting nearly enough vitamin A or iron but was doing great on others like vitamin C. It does charts to tell you what percentage of your recommended daily allowance that you are getting and can be quite frightening. Am thinking of doing it again to keep track for a while and reset my eating habits so to speak.

My "bad Sinead" side lets me cheat every now and then, and I can usually manage a slice of ham or one little bit of bacon without bad side effects. Dairy is my worst and I get stinky wind almost immediately after eating it. I am not really a beef fan so can't even imagine eating it any more but other red meats like ham haven't killed me yet

Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My Recent Experiences (May be more helpful to IBS-D) new
      #234622 - 12/30/05 11:51 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey Stephie,

That's great news!! I think I'll give it a try! I've been running into problems lately, & can't figure it out
So this sounds like a great idea considering how up & down my diet's been lately. Thanx for posting that, I certinly needed it!! Hope you continue with your success!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Thanks for posting this, Steph! new
      #235071 - 01/01/06 05:47 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I love hearing about what works for people

I'm not doing *too* bad right now though I am faltering a little from a nice stable period. Are you still taking a calcium supplement, Steph? I remember a while back you posted that you were taking the chews and it was helping with your D. I was taking a cal-mag supplement but I think the effects of the 2 (GI-wise) were just cancelling each other out. I recently swtiched to a just-Calcium (with D) one and I think it might be helping. Hard to say, I haven't really been very good at taking it lately...lol...

Also your advice re: having a more generally balanced healthy diet is soooo important I think. I think Heather really stresses that a lot - adding in fruits and vegetables safely etc. - but I think a lot of that also gets lost on these boards, so much so that it seems lots of people are fruit and veggie phobic! lol I know I feel a million times better, generally and IBS-wise, when I'm eating a healthier, balanced diet.

Anyway, glad to hear that you had such a good experience with your nutritionist! It's nice to hear success stories about working with professionals about IBS for a change! haha...

Take care Steph!

Re: My Recent Experiences (May be more helpful to IBS-D) new
      #235077 - 01/01/06 07:20 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Thanks steph, I'm inspired and am going to go to a nutritionist too! I haven't been for about 10 years, so i'd say I'm overdue. Thanks for a helpful kick in the butt, to do something I knew I needed but haven put off forever. Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2414

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review