All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WEIGHT GAIN
      #228565 - 12/01/05 01:57 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have been on the boards. My new boss did not want us on the internet unless it was job related. Ding dong the "withch" is gone!!!!!

I have been stable for 14 months (thank GOD). My problem is now that I am quite stable,I have gained about 15 pounds. All in the upper and lower tummy.

I know I have to cut back on my food intake and exercise, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the weight gain in upper and lower abs. It is in my buns, thighs, face, arms but mostly in my upper and lower abs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WEIGHT GAIN new
      #228583 - 12/01/05 02:40 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

UGH... I am in the same boat as you. I am so grateful that I found this diet, but as someone who didn't used to eat the typical american diet (I ate EXTREMELY healthfully)- I have also put on 10 lbs within 8 months of doing this diet. I am very much struggling with how to fight it. I think where you gain it is mostly genetic- I have also gained mostly in my stomach, but that is where I have always been inclined to gain. You AREN"T the only one!

Re: OH, I'M JEALOUS!!! new
      #228594 - 12/01/05 03:04 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I will take all the weight you can give!!

Sooo happy to hear your healthy and well and Stable (Jealous!!!)
Personal opinion, here....Keep the weight.....you might need it again, one day. Never know!!

I was stable for a year and gained 20 lbs and just relapsed in August and I'm thankful that I had the extra weight on me because I have lost all of it, again, in just 3 months. If I would have lost some weight before I got sick, I would probably be even sicker than I am right now....

No, seriously I hope neither one of you ever relapse....but, never say never. IBS is just funky like that. I didn't think I would ever get sick again and here I am......

Good Luck!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Check out the fitness board! new
      #228665 - 12/02/05 12:29 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I also strongly recommend keeping a daily log of calorie intake & expenditure with something like fitday.com. You just need to learn about the calorie content of the SF foods so you can keep your intake under your expenditure!

Using more SF veggies instead of bread and pasta also helps. As does of course cutting down on the sweet treats! They may be IBS safe but even tho they're low-fat they are often still calorific.

HTH!

Re: Check out the fitness board! new
      #228990 - 12/03/05 09:13 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I was so concerned with learning this new way of eating that I ignored my weight for awhile. Then when I felt comfortable about my safe IBS choices I began tracking my calories and fats. It's been 6 1/2 months now and I've lost about 30 lbs and still have plenty to lose. My DH is diabetic so I also track our carb intake. We walk about 2 miles a day. I use a notebook to track my foods but fitday sounds great. Good luck.......

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review