All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
The power of EFI & hypno
      #227560 - 11/27/05 07:49 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I just wanted to share this for those of you that are new or discouraged....or something like that!

First off, I went back and found this very old post from me: web page

Now after that background, this is what happened to me this week......

This week I was going to VT for Thanksgiving. This is a approx a 5 1/2 hour road trip. (That alone is amazing after just reading the old post!) But, on top of this, I had my period this week. And we all know how much more fun IBS can be when you have your period! THEN, on Tuesday morning I woke up with a UTI. I've been dealing with these for quite some time now (my GP actually sent me to a urologist because I was getting so many). Most of the time, if I feel it coming on, I can drink like tomorrow was just a rumor and free myself of it. Otherwise, I have an emergency antibiotic the urologist gave me for them. Well, all day Tuesday I drank and drank...couldn't shake it. So now it's Wed, we're leaving Wed night, and I'm stuck with the choice of taking the antibiotic (a type I'd never taken before so didn't know the reaction I'd have from it) AND I have no probiotics. I've been out for awhile and haven't bothered to get more. OR, I could just fiddle around with Uristat until I got back on Saturday.

I went for the antibiotic.

I had to take 6 total, 2/day for 3 days. I took the first one around 3:30 pm on Wed, and we were leaving 9 pm. I was okay that night. By Thursday morning my stomach was NOT appreciatting it! LOL I went to the grocery store across from our hotel and they had probiotics! So, I started popping them that day also.

Anyway, I was off and on the whole trip. Yesterday we drove back and I took my last antibiotic yesterday morning. I had a few really bad waves of nausea, but that was it.

I just had to share this, because the whole time I was amazed that I did this! And, I wasn't worried or anything the whole time. I know it is because of EFI and the IBS Audio 100. Heather and Mike are my heros!

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The power of EFI & hypno new
      #227564 - 11/27/05 08:01 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

That's awesome!!! So happy for you!!! Now, I have a question for you.....????

I know I should probably post this in the hypnosis for IBS board, so I will, but I am on Day 2 and I think my body is retalliating against the hypno or something.

Yesterday, Day 1. I listened to it at 2:30pm (as soon as it came in the mail!!). Felt wonderful .....left the house without a panic attack, went shopping for 2 hours....no nausea attack!! Major step for me!!! I was very excited!!!

Last night, I listened to it again (he says it's okay as long as you wait 6 hours, righ?? I waited 9 hrs).....I had the worst attack and reflux that I've had in a week!! Did not respond so well to it the second time at all!! Not doing so hot this morning, either. Have lost that confidence or something..... I don't know.

Should I only listen to it one time a day???

Any ideas why this happened???

I'm sooo glad it worked for you! I have hope!! I will continue to listen to them, I think my subconscious might be afraid of the re-programming or something.....

Sorry for the rambling, I will post this in the oher board, now.....

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#227596 - 11/27/05 11:29 AM
*Melissa*

I don't mind the rambling...haven't you ever read my posts?

Keep with it and don't be discouraged. Day 1 is WAY early to see any results, so I doubt it was the hypno backfiring. I actually listened to the whole program 2x. A year apart from each other. Each time I saw more and more results.

I listened to it 1x a day, the same time every day. Which for me was at night when I went to bed. I rarely stayed awake for the whole thing.

The subconcious is a funny thing. I did post about this a long time ago....I'd been out at a restaurant and was feeling anxious I was going to have an attack and I started getting angry about it. I pretty much told myself to get over it and enjoy myself. Marilyn told me it was the hypno working. I forget how exactly, but I do remember that part! Like I've said before, I don't understand how it works, but I know it works!

#227602 - 11/27/05 12:18 PM
anlikerm

Awwww, thank you for your encouragement. I know, I'm expecting results way too early, I guess. I just felt so good yesterday that I didn't want it to go away.....and it did.

Knowing you listened to them twice.....gives me hope! I'm so glad you're better!!! That is really cool that you can talk yourself out of an attack. I cannot do that right now. When I get panicky, I can't stop it. I just try not to START to get panicky.

I really hope that I'm where you are in 100 days!! Well, 98, now.....hehehehehe

I cannot fall asleep at night. Even after I listened to the CD, I couldn't go to sleep because of my reflux. I was on Elavil, which helped me sleep well, but it triggered my reflux and they took me off of it. So, now I have nothing and I am only sleeping 2-3 hours a night.

Were you on anything for sleep??? They took me off of my Levsin, too, because it relaxed my LES, too. I HAVE NOTHING, literally, until they can get control of the reflux. I'm sooo crampy, and tired.....

Talk to ya later!
Thank you for your support!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#227606 - 11/27/05 12:41 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

What is EFI?

EFI = Eating for IBS -nt- new
      #227617 - 11/27/05 03:13 PM
*Melissa*

#227619 - 11/27/05 03:24 PM
*Melissa*

I'm so glad I can give you hope...that was my whole purpose of posting my experience!

One thing though....I don't want to discourage you, but I wasn't where I'm at in only 100 days. I did have to listen to them 2x. And, actually I started a third time the beginning of this year, but I didn't keep up with it. It seems easy to just listen, but it's hard! 100 days is a long time!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with sleeping. Is that what the Elavil was for? I don't remember hearing of that one. I've never had trouble with sleeping, so didn't have to worry about taking anything.

I don't have reflux, but my hubby does. He is on Nexium, but it still acts up on him sometimes. I hope you can get yours under control.

#227633 - 11/27/05 05:26 PM
anlikerm

Thank you! I have been on Nexium for about 16 days, now and it's taking forever to kick in. The reflux is bothering me more than the IBS right now, I think. I can't tell.....I hope your hubby can keep his under control. It hurts to not be able to eat!! It's depressing, too!!

I won't lose my faith!! IF I have to listen to the CD's 3 times, like you...well, then I will. They have to work for me at some point or another, right??!! They were EXPENSIVE!!! hehehehe

The Elavil was for my IBS-D and to help me sleep. I think it was helping my D, but it was triggering my reflux!! BAD!!!! I would rather have control of the reflux than the D. So, one thing at a time, I guess....

That's so nice that you don't have to worry about sleeping. When I was on Remeron, I never had to worry about sleeping, either. I slept very well with Remeron. But, it made me very C and I had major anxiety as soon as I woke up!! I went from one extreme to the other!! And, it triggered my reflux, too. So, I had to come off that one.....I really hate that, too. I loved the way I slept on this AD. Never ever had to worry about not sleeping well.......I was just in panic mode as soon as I woke up. I never could understand that.......

Take Care! Thank you, again for your support!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

This can happen - check the hypno board for posts on this exact topic. new
      #227647 - 11/27/05 08:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

And not to worry, keep listening, and your body will re-learn what normal is and stop battling your efforts to change it.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Yay Melissa!!!!!! -nt- new
      #227648 - 11/27/05 08:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Thank you Heather! ~nt~ new
      #227678 - 11/28/05 05:55 AM
anlikerm

--------------------
Unstable

Way to go, Melissa! -nt- new
      #227695 - 11/28/05 06:52 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 806 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1918

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review