All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
peppermint
      #225768 - 11/17/05 02:32 PM
keke

Reged: 06/05/05

When do I take the peppermint caps? Just when I have an attack or regular to help prevent? Also, do you like Heather's better than anyone elses?

Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: peppermint new
      #225776 - 11/17/05 02:47 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I think you can just take them whenever, to prevent attacks. Make sure you take them on an empty stomach or they could give you heartburn. They digest in my stomach so I cannot take them. If you have never tried them before, put them in the freezer so they will be nice and hard and cold......have a better chance of bypassing the stomach acid.....
Good Luck!! As long as they don't digest in your stomach, they're really great!! I use enzymatic therapy because the coating is really hard......I have really bad acid reflux so Heather's are not strong enough for me (the enteric coating). So, if they don't work for you, there is an alternative.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: peppermint new
      #225938 - 11/18/05 06:57 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I tend to have the best results if I take them 30-60 minutes before a meal that may be sort of iffy (or even if it won't be iffy but I'm getting anxious that it might be ). I'm IBS-C, though, and I think people who tend more to D like to take it regularly to keep their bellies calmed down.

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 280

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review