All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Once again...
      #222007 - 10/29/05 01:16 PM
anne354

Reged: 02/13/03

Once again, I feel like a total jerk. I had a run-in with some eggrolls yesterday that made me really ill...dang, just when I thought I was doing so well. Craved Chinese all week, so went to lunch with my folks yesterday, and had eggrolls and pork fried rice. BIG MISTAKE. The eggrolls were deep-fat fried, not like the ones you bake at home, and the stuff inside was not finely chopped or shredded like I'm used to. So, the load of fat shut me down, and the really coarse veggies made me throw up...which was a blessing, because I felt so much better afterwards. Guess I learned yet again that I can't do the roughage and fat. Thanks for "listening"; I'm blessed to have these message boards to come to when things aren't going well and I need to vent. I thank God for all of you. Hope you all are doing well, and that you have a great day/week!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Once again... new
      #222009 - 10/29/05 01:26 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm sorry you had such a terrible reaction. It's so totally frustrating sometimes. Chalk it up as another learning experience. It doesn't mean you'll NEVER be able to eat these things, but for now, you're just not stable enough. There will probably be some things that you will NEVER be able to tolerate again (universal triggers), but you may get to a point where you can tolerate a bit of a treat.
Instead, maybe you could have tried some white rice as a cushion, a couple chicken balls, and a very thoroughly chewed egg roll. It's hard with chinese food becasue so much of it is deep fried. Good luck.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Once again... new
      #222014 - 10/29/05 01:42 PM
anne354

Reged: 02/13/03

Thanks for the support and input...I do realize that what you said is very true. I'm still finding out what I can't eat ever again, and what might work sometimes. It is an ongoing learning experience.

I did this too.... new
      #222015 - 10/29/05 01:48 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I ate steamed chicken and veggies with chicken "fried" rice instead of plain white rice and also a veggie egg roll and it made me sooo sick that I had to go to the doctor the next day. I thought I was going to die that night......My husband almost took me to the emergency room. Let's see, this was 2 weeks ago, TODAY! I'm finally beginning to stabilize again and it took 2 whole weeks to get here! I had to go back to the gastro guy "as per my husband and physician" that wednesday (2 weeks ago) and now I have to endure another colonoscopy AND endoscopy on the 8th of Nov. ALL OF THIS OVER CHINESE FOOD!!!!!!! Never again......
Good luck in stabilizing, again! Keep it safe for a few days!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: I did this too.... new
      #222016 - 10/29/05 01:50 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Well, to be honest with you......I wasn't stable enough to have even TEMPTED chinese food.....but, I didn't care. I do now! That hurt more than anything I've ever had in my entire life!! Worst attack in 12 years of having IBS!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 385 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 664

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review