All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
      #221406 - 10/26/05 10:28 AM
love2teach

Reged: 10/25/05

I have been diagnosed with IBS in the last month. I am a teacher who missed 3 weeks of work because of the pain, D, and nausea. I tried to go back to work today and ended up coming home again. The stress from missing so much work is probably making it worse, and i am so depressed. How do you get over the depression. Have a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for Wednesday.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new member new
      #221468 - 10/26/05 01:05 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Anti-depressants can help, as can hypno and yoga. Getting stable is also very uplifting! There are quite a few teachers on here...if you did a search on the Living Room you'd come up with some advice.

I REALLY recommend you get "IBS: The First Year". It's a fantastic book and I wish I'd had it when I was first diagnosed.

Also, are you D? Immodium taken daily as a preventative really helped me reclaim my life whilst stabilising.

HTH!

#221487 - 10/26/05 02:13 PM
love2teach

Reged: 10/25/05

I was on South Beach for 2 months, lost a lot of weight, but the IBS started. I did buy the book and have now followed this diet. I know it is controllable, but the depression is because it has changed every aspect of my life. I tried Immodium and usually it works, but not lately. I will ask the dr. about anti-depressants. I just want my normal life back in the classroom.

#221500 - 10/26/05 04:17 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi and Welcome,

I think you will find lots of help on this site. I know I did.

Actually, Linz had some great advice. Hopefully, you can get on some antidepressants that will help you. Maybe if you can get your tummy under control and feel good again you might not even need them.

Best of luck
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3091 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 368

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review