All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight loss/gain and a sugar thing
      #220506 - 10/20/05 11:30 AM
anjgi

Reged: 10/19/05

I've spent some time reading messages especially those post or answered by Heather re the Atkins diet and sugar. I notice that people say they lose weight on the IBS diet, and that they certainly don't gain weight. I can't afford to lose weight and I don't gain weight very easily so this worries me a bit. As to the sugar thing - I don't eat sugar or fruit. The fruit just ferments and gives me gas and bloating. Any products with sugar deaden my hunger, raise my blood sugar and then drop it incredibly. I keep away from sugar products for this reason.

I'm two days into the diet now. I am incredibly hungry. I have eaten more carbohydrates today for instance than I ever would and yet I am still hungry. I've noticed before that some foods actually supress your appetite and I'm wondering if this is true for fats, because I've noticed it's definitely the case with sugar products (I mean cakes, biscuits, sweets etc...)I think it's because the elevation in blood sugar makes you think you've had enough as your energy level receives a sudden boost. But then the resultant drop in energy level a little time later actually makes me feel very tired. So, with no sugar, and now little or no fat, few vegetables - and I'm a vegetarian! I'm still left saying what am I eating? Nothing but pasta, rice and potatoes and that wont give me the nutrients I need. I'm scared. This scares me. I'm back to wondering if I can eat anything at all.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight loss/gain and a sugar thing new
      #220523 - 10/20/05 01:06 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Are you doing the Break The Cycle (BTC) diet, or Heather's diet in general? BTC should be done for 3 days MAX, and then you should incorporate protein and as many fruits and vegetables as you can under the diet's guidelines (i.e., try chopping, mashing, and cooking them). Please read more about the diet and how it does *not* restrict you to just potatoes, flour, and sugar!

--AC

Yep, re-read the diet guidelines asap! new
      #220525 - 10/20/05 01:26 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

This is NOT a restrictive diet...there is soooo much lovely food we can eat.

And fyi, I lost weight during the first two months on the diet, but then put loads more on as I wasn't tracking my cals and wasn't used to the "new" foods. There are alot of high cal foods available to us - Heather's Sweet Cinnamon Zucchini Bread and the ADBs were instrumental in my downfall.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1035 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 432

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review