All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wanting to eat "Safe" meat again
      #216339 - 09/28/05 11:17 AM
DanieB

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

I stopped eating ALL meat about 6 months ago because it was causing D. (I used to be only C but started to be A in the past few years.) I would like to try eating chicken and turkey. Does anyone know if I need to gradually introduce it back into my system or can I just start eating it again? Since it has been several months, am I going to have D until my body gets used to it again? Thank you in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wanting to eat "Safe" meat again new
      #216350 - 09/28/05 11:32 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

even if you didn't have ibs you'd need to introduce it back gradually. your body's not used to digesting meat, and needs to get reacclimated very slowly, to build back up its enzymes and whatnot. i'd start with mild fish, and work your way up.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Ditto/in the same boat. new
      #216430 - 09/28/05 07:18 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I've started with lean fish and egg whites. It's going EXTREMELY well, as long as I keep it simple/soft/tender--kind of like either catfood or babyfood.
Regular shipjack tuna, though, makes me ill--gives me D/spasms. Albecore and yellowfin do not. I cannot explain this, but I listen to body's response. Shrimp sit perfectly . Lean salmon filets (not canned--it causes D/makes me ill) work beautifully. Cod, sole, tilapia--that's my successful repertoire of 2-3 weeks of 'fishing.'

I'm considering meat--but debating. Truly I'm fearful, but so so so hungry for it like a beast in the middle of the night.

Okay, enough 'creepy' comments. I probably just need a big B12 shot. Chicken though, always made me violently ill. Might try turkey. Hmmm...what a switch, Kate, eater of the Dead. I also really crave red meat, i.e. filet mignon, lamb, rabbit, venison, duck, quail, and chicken livers. Yes, I'm craving organ meats. Sorry for being explicit and gross.

Probably either anemic or possessed,
Kate.

#216478 - 09/29/05 08:00 AM
emily_m

Reged: 09/05/05

I was vegetarian for 8 years or so and was never very healthy. I didn't get much protein because many of the non-meat sources made me sick at the time (nuts, soy, beans, etc.).

I really only eat skinless chicken breast now, but it really helped me. I started adding it back in through chicken broth and then small bits of chicken. It didn't take me long to add back in. The protein helped me a lot. I still can't eat many of the plant-based proteins, so I really needed the chicken.

Good luck!

#216906 - 10/01/05 06:12 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Why don't you just try fake meat? Probably safer.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review