All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia and IF for IBS-C
      #214747 - 09/20/05 01:29 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I know it's important to get IF in at every meal when we have C type, and maybe even try some raw veggies. But, do we need to wait to "rev up" the IF amount until we have a decent amount of Acacia our regime? How do you balance out the both of them?

I'm trying to get more fiber in, but at the same time, it is recommended to go slowly with the SFS increase. I am very C now, so I'm anxious to get "going" literally. I'm afraid I'm going too fast...but also afraid I may be going too slowly.

Sorry for another post today. I'm not feeling well at all and at my wits end. I'm anxious for relief NOW...not later. Will I need to wait to feel any relief until I get up to a decent fiber amount...which could take months and months...And even then, I'm having my doubts as to my body allowing me to take Acacia. I haven't had luck with any SFS so far. And I have been feeling worse, I think, while on the Acacia. I don't know...maybe I'm just having a particularly bad spell???

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Try not to stress so much Beth! new
      #214906 - 09/21/05 03:47 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Or you'll end up with extra symptoms just from the anxiety.

Yes, it can take time to get relief from a SFS, so stick at it.

I don't see why you can't up your IF intake now tho -just do it safely, okay? LOTS of smoothies and soups are a good start and then IF fruit/veggies with every meal.

Re: Acacia and IF for IBS-C new
      #214944 - 09/21/05 08:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't think of my SFS and my IF intake as being related at all. I balance the IF I eat with the SF food I eat and treat my SFS as a whole 'nother thing.

Also, since you're getting 8 grams of SF from your SFS, you've already got a good "layer" of that laid down. As you know, I think you need more, but 8 grams is nothing to sneeze at.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

I got scared and reduced my SFS... new
      #214957 - 09/21/05 09:36 AM
Augie

...to 3/4 tsp of Acacia in a.m and 3/4 tsp in pm. That's a huge decrease, down to only 3 grams of fiber.

After searching through some old posts, other people seemed to have gone so slowly with the increase...like only 1/4 tsp increases every few weeks. I don't think I will go that slowly...and may change my mind about my reduction if I get totally plugged up! I must say, the gas is certainly better today...but the BM was pitiful.

I reduced before reading your response though.

I pray that Acacia is the answer for me. That would be too awesome, to finally find something that helps.

Thanks for your continual support, guys. I know I must be driving you all nutso by now.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: I got scared and reduced my SFS... new
      #214961 - 09/21/05 12:38 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hey Beth, I have nothing of value to add. But feel free to vent as much as you want. That is what these boards are for.

--------------------

#214975 - 09/21/05 12:50 PM
Augie

Hey, Tommy! Thanks much.

How did you do your Acacia increases?

--------------------
~ Beth

#215043 - 09/21/05 06:37 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

I think I started with a teaspoon and worked my way up every week by another teapsoon.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5499 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 638

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review