All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Newbie/Question
      #213991 - 09/17/05 04:25 AM
amelio747

Reged: 09/17/05

Hey, this is my first post to the board.
How you all doing?

Since being a teenager I've had problems with digesting my food properly. Up until a few months a go I had constant constipation. I have improved my diet dramatically since!
I still feel bloated a lot, and I think I have a long way to go.

I follow a lot of the advice on this site, especially the pro soluble fiber part. It makes such a huge difference for me.

Can anyone tell me if ground spices are soluble or insoluble? I want to use mild spices in my cooking as they can have some good medicinal qualities.

I'd really appreciate any replies, thank you.

Steve

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newbie/Question new
      #213992 - 09/17/05 04:44 AM
rahul

Reged: 06/27/05

welcome!! Feel free to ask ur questions. U can get good advices. Coming to spices, i read somewhere that cumin, turmeric powder are good for controlling gas.

#213999 - 09/17/05 06:41 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Welcome to the site. I'm sure Heather addresses this somewhere in the stickies so it's worth a search. I use just about anything in my foods. Some have trouble with garlic and very spicy foods. I don't care for hot spices so it's not an issue for me but I do love garlic on ANYTHING. Good luck with the program it really does work. As you'll soon find out different things work for different people in different ways. Now does that scare the heck out of you? I ask questions, read answers, then experiment with anything that is not a definite known trigger across the board.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#214096 - 09/18/05 06:34 AM
amelio747

Reged: 09/17/05

Thank you rahull, those are just the spices I've started using! Also Cinnamon because it can reduce your blood sugar level by 20%!! That's amazing.

Thanks Franny, that's just what I've been doing. I really think that's best for everyone to do what feels right for them. It's amazing how long it took me to fully realise that!

Ste

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1052 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review