All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Question about Citrucel (causing me pain) new
      #21092 - 09/18/03 05:20 AM
mlambers

Reged: 09/18/03
Loc: MI

I have IBS-D and have severe problems with insoluble fiber. I started taking citrucel and eating oatmeal (when I found out there were 2 kinds of fiber:). I started having problems (similar to my insoluble fiber problems) a few weeks after starting on my gung-ho soluble fiber diet. So, I also would not go overboard on soluble. Don't let the lengthy trial and error process discourage you. We all go through it and you will feel much better once you find your niche!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#21099 - 09/18/03 06:02 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

One suggestion---try adding some canned vegetables and fruit. I know canned grean beans are not the tastiest thing in the world, but they are so mushy and soft that I'm sure you're stomach could take them with some rice, potatoes, or bread. Also, try canned fruit liked diced pears or peaches. I buy those small individual pop-top cans. They are great for work or travel to eat along with your soluble fiber. Hope this helps!

That good ol' Rice Chex..... new
      #21100 - 09/18/03 06:08 AM
BL

don't know what I'd do without it. I drink a glass of the orange Citrucel every morning right when I get up and about 15-30 minutes later, I eat the Rice Chex (with rice milk.) Then I drink several glasses of water (sometimes warm tap water.) I sit down to read the newspaper and it never fails, within 5-10 minutes, I have a BM!!!!! It's my miracle food. Anytime I don't eat it for breakfast, I have a problem. I'm taking it with me this weekend on our trip.

#21530 - 09/23/03 10:01 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

beaglelover:

Thank you for being redundant you have made me re-think my breakfast & lunch the last two days!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

You're welcome! new
      #21546 - 09/23/03 11:30 AM
BL

My husband always says I repeat myself. And here I go doing it on the board. Sometimes he tells me, "I'm not deaf! I heard you the first time!" Some things just need to be repeated.

M1khaela, are you doing any better?----nt--- new
      #21547 - 09/23/03 11:33 AM
BL

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2475 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5546

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review