Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
a little blue now..
      #208300 - 08/24/05 10:08 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi friends--
i just saw hilary duff on jay leno. shes lost weight and she has red nails--so i think she has an eating disorder too--just like all the other hollywood teens that are pictured everywhere possible. *sigh* i feel so bad about myself now my nails are red and i still look the same

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh honey new
      #208303 - 08/24/05 10:17 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hilary Duff? Oy, you don't need to be modeling yourself after a pop princess!!
Honey, red nails or not I'm sure you look great. And you don't need to be wanting to look like someone with an EATING DISORDER, if she does indeed have one. Be thankful you are not in an industry that makes it seem like a positive thing to starve yourself and end up looking sick, and skeletal.
Look at that Lindsey Lohan girl, she used to look beautiful. Then she OBVIOUSLY starved herself, and now I think she looks disgusting.
Be proud of who you are!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: a little blue now.. new
      #208311 - 08/25/05 02:41 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ashley,

Hugs. As a former anorectic, now orthorexic, I send you strength, courage and bravery. I just ended up turning into a health nut! Perhaps focus on health and radiance and the spiritual/political aspects of veganism/organic food versus the need to be a living skeleton? Maybe manipulate your motive, your drive, your purpose?

Don't laugh--I don't know who Hilary Duff is!

Kate, IBS-D (almost A).

#208323 - 08/25/05 04:44 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hilary Duff is just another in a long line of bland, talentless, TOO thin Hollywood girls... and you KNOW you're prettier, smarter, and just plain BETTER than that anyway. *hugs*

I know how you feel sometimes, though. The price of my IBS stabilizing has been to balloon up to 150lbs and a size 10. I'm not happy about it, but ultimately, it's worth it to not be as sick as I was when I was anorexic. And yes, I've been THERE a few times in my life, and trust me, you'd rather eat.

Every time I get feeling bad about my weight, Adam points out that no guy with a half a brain thinks a bag of bones is sexy. Not that we do this for the guys, but... you know.

*hugs* I know it's tough, but you're beautiful just as you are.

LOL! A B.O.B.! new
      #208344 - 08/25/05 07:01 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Trust me, a "BOB" (bag of bones) is not sexy! Indeed, you don't have much of a sex drive if you're a BOB! (They used to call me "BOB" in my anorectic daze. It's short for "bag of bones!)

Kate.

Yeah, exactly... new
      #208432 - 08/25/05 09:09 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You know, I almost came back to edit my post, because I was worried about offending thin people. But there's a HUGE difference between being a healthy thin person who eats, and an anorexic... bag of bones. To me, that's what all those Hollywood girls look like. Lindsey Lohan and Nicole Richie are SCARY... they look like they've been rescued from a concentration camp.

Nobody called me a bag of bones back when I was, but I knew I was anyway. I hardly had the energy to get out of bed, much less have sex. Yeah, that's sexy.

anorectic? orthorexic? new
      #208442 - 08/25/05 09:22 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

huh?

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#208446 - 08/25/05 09:32 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i understand how you feel. i live in new york city, and see girls like that all the time - i go out to buy shampoo in my sloppy jeans, and on the way i pass a dozen super-skinny, dressed-to-the-nines, perfectly-done-up little girls. it's so hard to remember that that's just not how we are, it's not what's healthy for us. (this sounds like the same old love-yourself jargon as i'm typing it, but it's true... and i need to hear it, too.)

i have so much respect for you, that you eat vegan and organic - you obviously care very much about your body, what you put in it and how you treat it. i think you should be proud of yourself for taking such good, healthy care of your body and yourself.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

aww new
      #208456 - 08/25/05 09:54 AM
little bear

wow thank you jaime??
i hate how our culture seems to revolve around everything in hollywood. and everyone in hollywood is thin as a stick!! it just bothers me b/c as soon as theyre done talking about 1 teen queen theres another one that needs to be gossiped about too.

i cant believe how much people reply about my diet! it means so much to hear that my diet is so well-respected. that makes me feel so happy since my parents arent really for it. i finally feel like im doing something right! thanks again for the reply

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

#208461 - 08/25/05 09:59 AM
little bear

thanks casey youre such a great friend!

i just wish the world changes its perspective on things. i wish it would stop looking so intimately on hollywood b/c its really effecting alot of other things that they really cant see right now.

is adam your BF?? my BF always tells me im beautiful. its just that while ive been IBS-ing, i feel like i wasted all my thin days, when i wasnt bloated. iwish i could have unbloated days so i could wear my cute clothes instead of longer layers to hide my tummy. but youre right, i know it will get better and id rather eat the healthy yummy treats at whole foods. thanks hun! *HUGS BACK*

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1824 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3094

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review