Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
any travelers around???
      #207213 - 08/21/05 01:21 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi guys--
i have a question: i just noticed that i have been really really bloated since thursday, which is when i returned from my europe-vacation. [Q]: could the airplane ride have caused a bloating aftermath?? perhaps as a result of such high altitude?? i know that flying thru so many time changes screws up menstration but when i flew over to europe, i actually had no aftermath symptoms.

and also since returning, ive been having more gas/IBS symptoms [though ive been going]. will this all level out in a week or so? after the jet lag leaves?? ive been falling asleep around 10ish and waking up exactly once at 4 and then sleeping only again until 7. also ive been drinking more water?? i dont know if thats good or not--for the month i was gone, i usually only drank enough water at night for the psyllium to work; some in the morning if it was hot but usually iced tea/juice.

thanks for any advice! hope it wasnt too long

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: any travelers around??? new
      #207259 - 08/21/05 05:46 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I really don't have any practical advice, because I never ever fly, but I wanted to sympathize a little, at least - every time I travel, even just a little road trip, I'm fine the entire time I'm gone, but I get back home and then I'm all screwed up for a few days. I imagine some of that is coming into play for you, too.

I hope you get some good advice from other travelers and that you feel better quickly!

Re: any travelers around??? new
      #207261 - 08/21/05 06:07 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I've traveled a lot and my poor belly always hates it! I think the long flights really do something to you. I studied in london 2 yrs ago, and I remember the day I got in I spent the whole day in the bathroom sick as can be. I think the time differences mess up your internal clock, and when that happens, your body just re-acts. Our bodies are more fragile and therefore can't handle the stress of travel. But I only feel really bloated and 'off' for about 2-3 days and then I'm usually allright! Hope that helps!

--------------------
IBS-A

thanks new
      #207438 - 08/22/05 10:08 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

thanks casey youre so nice! i really think it could be from all the time changes and stuff! my plane ride was so long my BF and i left at 730AM amsterdam-time and got back to america finally at 245PM chicago-time but our whole flight was 8.5 hours!! i think i went thru 3 or 4 time zones?? anyway, thanks for the advice! i noticed too that i was fine my whole trip--member my post!? take care hun!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1641 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review