All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lower right-side pain/lower back pain
      #207033 - 08/20/05 04:10 PM
anne354

Reged: 02/13/03

I'm doing okay; no more attacks, or anything...but this last week I've had horrible pain in the small of my back, and pretty bad pain in my lower right side; I mean really low. Like down by my groin. This is not something I usually experience, and I haven't lifted anything wrong or eaten anything different, as I've been hypervigilant since my last bad bout. Any ideas? Anyone else here experience these kind of symptoms? If so, what causes them, can you tell me? Thanks...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lower right-side pain/lower back pain new
      #207036 - 08/20/05 04:17 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

hey there,
Yeh i get pain in my right side as well. And it also goes around to my back. My pain usually isnt as far down as my groin, but it varies. Im not sure if this is "normal" but i seem to get it sometimes
Not sure if i was any help
Melissa

Mine's located on the left side new
      #207108 - 08/21/05 04:45 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Since Friday night, I have had this shooting on going pain located under my left shoulder blade. It seems like it is a muscle spasm, but the pain is so sharp that it radiates forward into my breast. It has been so severe that I am about to cry. I am hoping to go to the walk-in clinic in about a hour and half when they open. I am worried that it might be something more serious since Tylenol did nothing to knock any of the pain down yesterday.

-Michelle

#207154 - 08/21/05 09:51 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

From what I've read on the Boards, IBS pain can occur almost anywhere, but since this is a new pain for you, I'd suggest that if the pain has lasted more than a week, you see a doctor about it. Your appendix and your gall bladder are both on the right side, so better safe than sorry.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#207323 - 08/21/05 08:52 PM
Shelli73

Reged: 05/11/05
Loc: Georgia, USA

Hmmm, that's interesting, cause when my IBS is flaring, I often get sharp pains in my lower right side. I haven't had the "full" workups yet though, so I can't completely rule out gall bladder problems, though it's unlikely.

--------------------
Shelli - Wife & stay at home mom to 1 son, 1 dog & 2 parrots! IBS-A, usually C.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 627 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2849

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review