All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Here's a good laugh!...I'm such a dork!!
      #204565 - 08/11/05 10:33 AM
MichelleB

Reged: 07/30/05
Loc: Ottawa, ON

So there I was...in the kitchen ready to make the rice crispy squares. I poured the canola oil in the pot and then dumped the bag of marshmallows and started stirring....and stirring...and stirring....it was getting stickier and stickier so I decided to pour in the rice crispies...a little at a time...when....I couldn't stir any longer! The rice crispies and marshmallows were entirely stuck to the pot..it was impossible to stir.....I managed to scoop a handful out of the pot and into my mouth!!! The rest is...well....soaking in hot water......How embarrasing....I can't even make rice crispy squares....if only you were a fly on my wall!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Here's a good laugh!...I'm such a dork!! new
      #204572 - 08/11/05 10:49 AM
goodcop1

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: Hilton Head South Carolina

I heard someone once refer to their wife's cooking timer as being the smoke alarm.

--------------------
"Thru Him with Him and in Him".

#204584 - 08/11/05 11:12 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

That sounds like something that might happen to me. I'm usually a decent cook, but every once in awhile...

Hey, you could have stuck a wooden spoon in the middle of the pot and pulled off the pot and had a giant rice crispie treat on a stick!

#204597 - 08/11/05 11:27 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Been there, done that!! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#204598 - 08/11/05 11:29 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Lol! You poor thing. RKTs are a lot tougher to make than they look! I remember having a lot of trouble spreading them in the pan, too. And they look so simple...

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#204615 - 08/11/05 11:41 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

my roommate refers to my cooking forays (and sort of my whole life) as 'always an adventure' - zucchini bread? first we had no grater so i had to chop it by hand, then it got stuck in the pan, and then the ends were dry. rice pudding? too thick and too spiced. mashed potatoes? too salty, and i had to call my mother to even know how to make them. it's all turned out quite edible, but there's always something. learning as i go.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#204789 - 08/11/05 08:04 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Oh my kitchen disasters could fill a cookbook!! But I tried the RCT this week with much success. Here's what I did (read this on these boards). I used a whole bag of the tiny marshmallows and in a large plastic bowl I drizzled 2T of canola oil and mixed it into the marshmallows well. Then I put them in the microwave for one minute, stirred them, then in again for about a minute. All micros are a little different so watch the bowl. Then I gradually added in the 4 cups of cereal. Dump that into a Pam sprayed cake pan, 9x9 I believe. I dampened my hands with a little water to push the mix into the pan, then refrigerated. Turned out great but a little too sweet for me so the grands ate every last bite! I will do this recipe again to see if I can duplicate it's success. Try, try again! But I am hooked on Casey's Chocolate cake for one these days. Wish I could figure out the calorie and fat count for them. Anyone know?

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

i hear that! new
      #204804 - 08/11/05 11:06 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

My family begs me NOT to cook! I'm actually not half bad when i actually try...but I HATE cooking, and have been known to make triangular PRISM pancakes and not drain the water out of mac/n/cheese....ooh, let's just NOT go there.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#204925 - 08/12/05 09:42 AM
MichelleB

Thanks for the suggestion...my neighbour also suggested the microwave....I'll give it a whirl!!

Re: i hear that! new
      #204926 - 08/12/05 09:43 AM
MichelleB

I am laughing by head off right now...I too make "crappy" mac and cheese!!...........

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 889 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1163

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review