All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
When do trigger foods hit you?
      #203154 - 08/06/05 12:00 PM
Jocie

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: North Carolina

I was trying to figure out if something my daughter had last night could have affected her after breakfast this morning.

She has been doing so much better since starting the diet earlier this week. Waking up with no stomach pain for 4 mornings in a row. This is huge since she has woken up with pain every morning for the past 2 months!

So, this morning no pain, but after breakfast she had cramping and 2 BMs followed by more cramping. She said the stools were good not loose.

She had safe SF for breakfast, so could something she ate yesterday at lunch or last night at dinner have caused problems today? I don't know how long it takes for things to cause gas or pain.

Thanks so much for any insight!
Jocie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

It varies from person to person new
      #203156 - 08/06/05 01:22 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Everybody's different, and so is the way their bodies handle trigger foods. Personally, I most often have problems within a couple hours of eating something "bad". But yeah, what she had for dinner could definitely bother her the next day.

If her dinner and lunch were also all safe foods, then it's possible that it could have been triggered by something other than food... or nothing at all. Sometimes attacks really are completely random, especially in the beginning, when you're just starting to stabilize.

So glad to hear she had 4 problem-free days, though! That's an excellent start... she'll get there again, and then some!

yes, it can new
      #203157 - 08/06/05 01:27 PM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

Glad to hear that she's been feeling better! I love those bouts. Still working out kinks though. Glad for this site and assistance to help me out even more!

I'm still learning when I've eaten the wrong thing and when
it starts effecting me, but more often than not...it happens right away. But I've heard that it can take awhile for some people to be effected. The confusing part about this is how do you figure out what you ate to make it uncomfortable.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

Re: When do trigger foods hit you? new
      #203170 - 08/06/05 02:35 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Jocie,

It depends on what the offending food is, but it is not uncommon for things to hit me the next day. Also, sometimes I can "get away" with something one day, but if I try to have it twice in a row, my body will rebel.

So, yes, something from last night could easily affect today's breakfast.

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

I feel so bad for her new
      #203202 - 08/06/05 04:35 PM
Jocie

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: North Carolina

I am so sad for my daughter tonight. She was offered a Push Pop after dinner at a friend's house. I told her she could have it thinking it was like a popsicle. My husband said "Isn't this ice cream?". Sure enough its made with milk products and milk fat! She was already eating it so it was too late to choose something else.

The friends were moving and were going to let us take the whole box home with us, but I said no since it had the dairy products in it.

My daughter was so sad (remember she's 9). She said "Mommy, I'd rather have my stomach hurt if it means I can't eat the foods I love". OF course that is a choice I will let her make.

I just hate it so for her. I know all of you live with this. I wish it were me and not my baby.

Jocie new
      #203204 - 08/06/05 04:42 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Look for tofutti cuties...little soy based ice cream sandwiches. Many of us can handle those.

My daughter had to eat specific foods for something unrelated to IBS. I just did my best to be creative about making sure she had something that would make her happy.

Luna Bars are so good, there are lots of yummy flavors. They aren't icecream but my kids love them...even my son!

The Anti-depressant brownies are wonderful as is the peppermint fudge cake. You can make the cake in little cupcake holders, freeze them and then take them with you if you are going somewhere for dinner etc.

Whatever it takes for our babies right?

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3069 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1207

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review