Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Whole Foods SF
      #202996 - 08/05/05 06:34 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hi everyone,

I have store credit at Whole Foods, and I am going to spend it on a good quality Soluble Fiber supplement. Does anyone have any recommendations for a high quality fiber supplement, preferably a gentle powder form, that is available at Whole Foods? I am also looking for a brand that has no added sugars or artificial ingredients. I don't know if they have Acacia, but I will look for it. Otherwise, I'll have to settle for what's available, as I am in urgent need of something, and I am on a budget. Would pure psyllium husks be good? I know they sell them in bulk there, but I don't want to try it if it's going to irritate my stomach.
Thanks so much in advance for any advice you may have!

Julia

--------------------
Julia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whole Foods SF new
      #203000 - 08/05/05 06:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I can't recommend something specific to Whole Foods, because we don't have those here, but I *can* tell you that psyllium probably wouldn't be your best choice for something that's gentle on the system. There are a number of people who use it with success, but it's notorious for being a gas-causer and a little on the harsh side.

Re: Whole Foods SF new
      #203097 - 08/06/05 06:42 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I don't know anything about "Whole Foods" but if they sell brand names I did use Benefiber plain powder with some success. (I am a D) I now prefer Acacia but it isn't sold in any of the stores around here, I order it from Heather.
Good luck.......

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 543

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review