All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
have you tried lactaid?
      #198225 - 07/21/05 11:20 AM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I started taking Lactaid before eating dairy. I ate an entire Moca Almond Fudge ice cream cone last night and ice cream is my biggest trigger. NO D. I still get some slight cramps and a bit of non-smelling gas...but no D and I've been doing this for the last 3 days. I actually had a normal BM the other day...it was so solid I had some red blood on the tissue paper. Not hard to pass though. Anyway, just try it guys.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

YES!!!! new
      #198231 - 07/21/05 11:33 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

While I still can't tolerate it mostly, if I really want a slice of cheese or something, it really does help. On the downside, for me at least, I have noticed that I will have a slight headache the next day:( For me, I recently learned, dairy is a migraine inducer. Ever since I gave it up, no more migraines. My sister learned the same thing!

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Dairy is STILL a trigger new
      #198256 - 07/21/05 01:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It's not just because of the lactose... it's also because of the milk proteins such as casein, and in the case of ice cream and cheese, the fat.

Most of us can't tolerate dairy, even with something like lactaid. As per Heather's diet guidelines, it's a no-no - please don't endorse the eating of dairy products.

Echoing Casey! new
      #198346 - 07/21/05 05:48 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Do a search if you want more info on why dairy (not just lactose) is a trigger - this has been discussed LOTS.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 438

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review