All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dr said I have IBS but I am not sure...I know it hurts to eat beef....
      #196855 - 07/18/05 01:25 PM
caseyr

Reged: 07/18/05

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed as having IBS wtih Constipation. I was backed up and miserable. After getting pregnant I tried to go back to eating foods that I had before like any kind of beef. Well no problems. Until I wasnt pregnant....well it was about 4 months after I delivered that I had pain, bloating, and problems with constipation. I currently just eat a low sodium diet (it kept hubby of Blood Pressure meds) and stay away from red meat. Pork etc doesnt bother me.....Every once in a while I flare up and am not sure what it is but rarely....Anyone else? Thanks much, THeresa otheremail@dalriata.us

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dr said I have IBS but I am not sure...I know it hurts to eat beef.... new
      #196860 - 07/18/05 01:33 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What tests did you have before getting the IBS diagnosis?

IBS triggers do have a cumulative effect as well as whatever immediate effect they have so pork, etc could well be making you worse w/out you realising it.

I know it hurts to eat beef.... new
      #196889 - 07/18/05 02:19 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hamburger is my biggest and worst trigger food. I can eat a steak sandwich with no trouble, but the cheap hamburg they use where I live kills me. I ate a half a meatball once and was in pain all the next day. I can eat pork with no problem (I trim all visible fat), but beef fat is a nightmare for me.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Portageegal/Carol new
      #196892 - 07/18/05 02:27 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I love your signature quote! So true--it made me laugh. I hope I'm reading it correctly: "We are what we are and the rest is sh--." I don't know Portuguese, but my dad is Gallego (Gaelic-Spanish) and it's sort of similar...

#196899 - 07/18/05 02:50 PM
caseyr

the one where you drink chalky stuff and colonoscopy. Neither showed anything conclusive really. I just had pain on my left side near my stomach, some cramping, constipation and bloating. They put me on prevacid and levsin. The levsin caused me to be light sensitive and the prevacid I took until I got preg.

I mainly eat chicken and fish for dinner and turkey (boarshead lower sodium) for lunch and lots of fruits nuts and veg.

Re: Portageegal/Carol new
      #196900 - 07/18/05 02:51 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Glad you liked it. It sort of fits this forum, huh? It is Portuguese. There are Brazilian workers here and one of them taught me how to say it. It is a little different in Brazilian. I can't remember how to spell it though so I got this off Bablefish.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#196903 - 07/18/05 02:55 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Theresa--

Hello and welcome!

I'm IBS-D, so I'm afraid I can't offer much help with your particular problem. I can usually tell right away what triggers an attack because of the D. How do you know that pork or other triggers aren't the cause of your C? Have you started Heather's diet or read through the info she provides? Also, do you think your flare-ups could be related to your menstrual cycle? I hope you feel better soon!

Take care,

#196906 - 07/18/05 03:06 PM
caseyr

Thanks for your comments. No I havent tried the diet because the low sodium seems to work for me and I stay on it almost all the time. It is when I go out of town and change my diet that I have problems. I still dont eat red meat when we go out of town. But I will sometimes have problems. Some of the bloating is related to the rediculous amount of sodium in the fast foods or restaurants. And because I am not use to them it seems to affect me worse than before. I know if beef is going to cause me problems shortly after I eat it. Sometimes I forget to make spaghetti and take some of the sauce and put it on the side so I can have sauce with out the beef. I had beef one night when someone wasnt sure if it was sliced pork or beef (barbequed) and after eating it I knew what it was. Other than that I have been pretty good. I just take a stool softner a couple times a week if I dont feel like I am evacuating enough.

#197080 - 07/19/05 04:34 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I am IBS-A. I do stay away from most things that came from a cow. Red meat is extremely bad news for me. I can handle casesin in my soy cheese, and that's pretty much all the dairy I do on a regular basis.

However, I do not seem to have a problem with lean pork and venison, though they are both considered read meats. I guess what I'm saying is there are some of us that can tolerate certain red meats.

#197351 - 07/19/05 01:06 PM
caseyr

Thanks to all that posted. I am starting to feel bloated again and am not sure if it was the pork. I will stop the pork again for a month and see how it goes. I just get sick of 99% chicken! As I am sure others are sick of their diets....anyway, I eat a variety of other items to keep me going.
Theresa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1083 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1310

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review