Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Thanks for the advice everyone - nt - new
      #19647 - 09/04/03 02:06 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi!

Am also IBS-C,and an avid water drinker,i drink over 2 litre bottles a day at work,its become kind of a joke to people at work,as i am always at the water machine and the loo!
I think it could be insoluble fibre thats making it worse,as i've been going through a similar thing,and have slightly increased my intake of insoluble fibre,and am waiting patiently for a BM! Ah,the joys!!

--------------------
Morven

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Taking Fiber...but now I am C??? new
      #19648 - 09/04/03 02:07 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Olivia,
I did the same thing when I first started Heather's diet. I was scared to death (Heather's book will do that to you!) to eat any insoluble fiber. I was only eating soluble fiber and I was terribly constipated, I mean doubled over in pain, constipated! Once I started adding things like fruit, green peas, green beans, raisins, a tiny bit of peanut butter on safe white bread, then things started moving. You cannot just eat soluble fiber or you will get worse! The broccoli may give you gas. I think I'd start with one of the other things I suggested. Good luck!

Oops! new
      #19649 - 09/04/03 02:08 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Oops,forgot to delete the nt bit when i replied,its been one of those days!

--------------------
Morven

Re: Taking Fiber...but now I am C??? new
      #19652 - 09/04/03 02:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - it's really important that you eat insoluble fiber. It's a trigger, but if you eat it carefully you should be able to have plenty. Peel, dice, puree, cook your fruits and veggies, beans, and finely grind nuts, and combine with soluble fiber.

Easiest way to work them in safely is to blend fresh fruit into smoothies with rice or soy milk, and cook veggies into soups or pasta sauces that you puree. Blend beans into dips and spreads.

Also check here web page for soluble fiber dose info - most folks don't take enough.

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1080 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2477

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review