All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Jessica new
      #197282 - 07/19/05 10:56 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

BAD! I would have maybe one BM a week, if I was lucky! It wasn't too uncommon for me to go 2 weeks without going potty! I started using otc laxative once or twice a week just to go, thats when my dr told me about miralax! now, Its a rare day when I don't go potty!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#197285 - 07/19/05 10:59 AM
MMN

Reged: 06/24/05

Do you find that Acacia is better than Benefiber or are they different?

Pretty bad C when I finally went for help. new
      #197291 - 07/19/05 11:09 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I had suffered from chronic C for almost 2 years before I figured out what was going on. When I was originally diagnosed IBS I was D, so I couldn't believe/figure out that my body had changed.

I was given Zelnorm and found some relief for about 2 weeks, then the C got much worse. I took the Zelnorm as instructed for 6 weeks, and during that time found this site. Having tried every fiber on the market with no success, I immediately began Acacia and felt relief almost immediately. I VERY SLOWLY increased the dose over a period of 6 months until I found what worked for me. (18 grams or 2 1/2 t before each meal)

In the interim, I contracted a gastritis that further complicated things and resulted in every GI test known to man over a period of 2 months, only to be told, "Yep, it's your IBS."

Soooo, slowly, one at a time, and after much research, I added a cal/mag supplement, an Omega oil blend and a good probiotic, and I am pretty much stable. I can once again eat a wide variety of food, and I take no meds other than a very rare antispasmodic. (rare as in once every 3 months or so)

Hope you find stability soon. Sorry if this is too much information.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#197301 - 07/19/05 11:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

They are both SFS but everyone seems to respond differently. I had never actually tried benefiber but had tried fibercon and citrucel. I like the acacia because it also has a pre-biotic in it, which, over time, while help balance the guts natural flora!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1654 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5495

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review