All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fatigue
      #190063 - 06/29/05 06:54 AM
amcneil

Reged: 06/27/05

I have IBS and had a severe stomach flu attack with dehydration. That was three weeks ago and I am still so fatique and mornings are horrible. I feel better as the day goes on and i get food in my stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fatigue new
      #190068 - 06/29/05 07:06 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Not much except the obvious, my dear. TONS of fluids, make sure you're taking a GOOD multivitamin, LOTS of soluble fibre, make sure you're feeling full, and carefully incorporating your insolubles. A bad bout of the flu can knock us IBSers down for some time. Do the best you can. I know that when I just got IBS and had D all the time, I was completely exhausted. Make sure you REALLY keep up with the fluids. CONSTANTLY sip something throughout the day. Up to 16 glasses of fluids for you. Water, peppermint tea, fennel tea, ginger tea, cranberry juice, take your pick. Herbal tea, too as long as it's not caffeinated. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#190091 - 06/29/05 08:01 AM
amcneil

Reged: 06/27/05

Thank you. I am new to this and always thought I was alone in my battles with IBS. It is nice to know there are others out there who suffer. This board has been great. Thanks for the advice. I will follow it.

Abbie

#190095 - 06/29/05 08:13 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hang in there. You are NOT alone. We've ALL been through this before. Not exactly with ALL the same symptoms, but we're all in the same boat, and we're all here to help you. You are NOT alone in all of this. Visit anytime. Hit the search button for previous topics discussed, and post any more questions you may have.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#190136 - 06/29/05 09:08 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I can't add anything to the great advice HanSolo has given you regarding fatigue and long-term recovery, but if your stomach is giving you trouble in the morning, too, here's what I do: Mornings are my worst time. I start the day with a cup of hot tea (non-caff) and about 1/2 cup applesauce with a teaspoon of acacia in it (it took me a while to get up to a teaspoon). With luck, that gets my digestion running without sending it into convulsions. If it's a bad day, I stick with just SF foods (Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Corn Pops) and herbal teas until I get a fair amount of food and liquid in my stomach. Only then do I start adding non-SF foods.

HTH. Feel better soon.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Just a little add-on... new
      #190281 - 06/29/05 02:26 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...to the great advice Alicia gave...make sure you get rehydrating drinks as well (with electrolytes like salt in)...if you're dehydrated, water (and herbal tea) can go straight through you and not help.

#190418 - 06/29/05 11:12 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I deal with a lot of fatigue and tough mornings too. I'm not sure if it's real or if I just want to believe it, but I've been (carefully) eating a lot of vegetables lately and I swear it gives me more energy. Of course you want to follow Heather's advice on soluble fiber and all that, but I think the veggies are helping. I also find a dose of acacia fiber or metamucil before bed helps the next morning.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1431 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1113

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review