All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Terrible, terrible day at the Doc's..
      #187055 - 06/17/05 06:33 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

My DH and I went to the eye doc today for new glasses. Before we left I took 3 immodium, SFS, ate a banana, took 1 Lorazipam. I have been really eating very safe foods and have felt pretty good. Once we got there I started with the colon spasms and terrible gas. As this progressed I also began to have bladder spasms. In the 2 hours we were there I used the bathroom a minimum of 10 times. I wanted to just leave and go home but stuck it out and kept apologizing to the staff for leaving the exam room over and over. This is so depressing. I put off all my doc appts because this is how it was before Heather's diet days. I felt so confident when I left home this afternoon. When I got back home the Hpno tapes had arrived in the mail and I ripped them open and did the first session. Not sure what I need to hear from you guys but I feel better knowing someone might understand how awful this day was. Next week I begin teaching Vacation Bible School and this has so put a damper on that! I appreciate all the helpful advice you've given me these couple weeks. It was the "aloness" (concerning IBS) I felt before finding this website that kept me depressed.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Terrible, terrible day at the Doc's.. new
      #187062 - 06/17/05 07:24 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible time. I've had days like that, if that's any comfort. Hopefully Heather's diet and the SFS will mean fewer days like this. I do think it's admirable that you stuck it out - very brave and determined.

I've lost track so forgive me if I'm going over stuff you've already covered - do you have a firm IBS diagnosis with all the necessary tests?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#187064 - 06/17/05 07:42 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm sorry to hear about your awful day! If it's any consolation at all, I think a lot of us - if not most of us - can relate at some point or another.

I'll tell you my story... I wasn't going to even mention it on the boards, but maybe it'll help to hear that you're definitely not alone. Just a couple weeks ago I had posted about how well I'm doing now, thanks to Heather and the diet - and it's true! But a little diet cheating combined with that time of the month, and I've been running to the bathroom like crazy for the past 6 days. Yep, bad days happen. All you can do is do your best and hang in there... believe me, they WILL get fewer and further between, and you'll find yourself handling them differently as time goes on. Hope you feel better!

#187069 - 06/17/05 08:13 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Sorry you had a rough day. I know how frustrating it is. Yesterday, I went to work (an hour drive one way) and as soon as I got there....well....you know....back and forth to the bathroom! I finally just went back home. I stayed home today...will try again tomorrow. Good thing this is just a temporary summer thing where I can set my own days/hours! lol Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Awww....you just did not need that! new
      #187098 - 06/17/05 11:15 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm really sorry to hear that happened. I know the embarrassment-mine always hits in a store, it's never pretty. know you're not alone, and know that God's watching over you. All of us. I'm going to camp too, my first bible camp as a grown up-in August! I'm so excited. I'm just a fill in but it'll be great to get natural and get down with God.

Please know that this is just one day, and it WILL get better. you've gotta believe that it has, and it WILL.

Hugs,
Shannon

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks to all of you new
      #187136 - 06/18/05 10:21 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

When I posted this I wasn't sure whether it would be answered or not. I hate to be negative, but reality took over. Yes Sand I was diagnosed many years ago by all the tests that eliminated all the other possibilities. I also have Diverticulitis. I've had regular colonoscopies by our local surgeon. He recommends every 3 yrs. He was the doc that put me on Hyoscyamine & prevacid which worked about a year.
I am so glad I bought the Hypno CDs. Maybe when I go back to that doc next week to pick up my glasses it will go much better! Pray! I know it's the Brain messing me up because if I stay home I'm fine. Go next door to visit and bam, potty time. This diet & etc has eliminated almost every bit of the terrible pain I was in constantly. This is a journey not an event so I'm hanging in for the long haul..... Thanks again for your support.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

franny, new
      #187152 - 06/18/05 11:31 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

For what it's worth, I can tell you have a super attitude about this! I personally believe it makes a lot of difference.

I came around about 3 months ago, bitter and So sore all the time. i have not had a D episode in a few weeks, and now my pain is nearly gone. only when I eat a trigger do i ahve pain now. I'm still working on the constipation, but i figure if I've lost the D, the pain, and a few pounds so far, I'm doing well!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#187195 - 06/18/05 07:36 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

That reminds me of the last time I went to the eye doctor. I was so hoping that I would not have a cramp attack while I was getting an eye exam but no such luck. As soon as I sat down in the doctor's chair - BAM - the cramping hit and I was a mess. I just gritted my teeth and fought through it. No fun, but hey, I needed new contacts. I really have been making a diligent effort to get out of the house and have a life despite my IBS. It is hard, I know, but it can be done.

I really hope you get to feeling better and I hope that this diet is a god-send for you. Welcome to the boards. Oh, and by the way, cute baby!

Dana

--------------------
Dana

I'm sorry you had such a difficult time at the doctor's... new
      #187202 - 06/18/05 09:52 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

This has happened to me too because of anxiety. Well, first I worry I'm going to have an attack or have to pee and then it happens, then I worry the attack will never end. A horrible cycle! Until I started taking some anti-anxiety medication and saw a counselor, I would get really nervous and have to use the bathroom a lot at work. I'm much better now when it comes to work and the grocery store, but I'm already nervous about what I'll do when I have to see the dentist!

It's good to vent. Maybe you should let us know before you go pick up your glasses and then you can share what's making you nervous. Talking about it may relieve some of the anxiety. Sometimes, in addition to taking precautionary Imodium, I'll stick to the "Breaking the Cycle diet" the day before and during whatever event or appointment I'm nervous about.

You know what though? You did an excellent job of sticking through your appointment and not going home! See you did it, you made it through this event, even though it was a little rough! Next week will be much easier!

I'll be thinking of you, Franny!

Be positive! new
      #187206 - 06/18/05 10:26 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

We've ALL been there - I *still* have days like that occasionally (admittedly after I've been bad , but I do understand!). It'll get easier.

I'm so glad to see yu're positive about hanging in for the long haul. I know you're impatient, but IMHO, a year or so or getting on top of this is sooooo much better than a lifetime of instability!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1820

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review