All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Immodium new
      #186905 - 06/17/05 10:06 AM
Violette

Reged: 05/03/05

Yes. When I have an appointment I know I'm going to have an attack (I think it's the feeling that I HAVE to be somewhere) so I take one as soon as I wake up, but then the D begins, and it keeps coming and coming (like every 10 -15 minutes for two hours until I have to go) so I wind up taking three to get myself out the door. I don't know what else to do, but thanks for your help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#186910 - 06/17/05 10:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I think you missed the point of my suggestion....you need to take it EVERYDAY to get the best effect from a lower daily dose. Just taking it on some days doesn't work nearly as well.

Also, are you taking a SFS?

#186918 - 06/17/05 10:44 AM
Violette

Wow, every morning? I didn't understand that you were suggesting that. I'm afraid I'd never become "regular" if I did that. Also, since I'm pregnant I don't know if that's a great idea (I don't like having to take it at all, but every day seems like a lot).

Is an SFS something like Acacia? That's the only thing I take in addition to a vitamin.

Also, I'm beginning to realize from reading this board more that I need to begin to be even more strict with my diet. I have whittled it down to cutting out all the culprits except a little dairy and fat, but perhaps I need to cut those out for now until I have really reached a "normal" and functional state of living. Maybe then I can have some in moderation. But they're opening a Cold Stone Creamery a block away!!!!

#186926 - 06/17/05 10:57 AM
Linz

Yeah you'd have to talk to your doc about the safety issue with Immodium and pg...but I guess you did that anyway. Normally it's perfectly safe to take long term...and is VERY effective this way. I thought you were getting D attacks?

Acacia is a SFS. What dose are you on?

Yeah, you need to be really strict to stabilise. Think of those favourite things as a treat you can reward yourself with (occasionally and safely of course) AFTER you've stabilised!

#186939 - 06/17/05 11:30 AM
Violette

According to my Dr. I can take the immodium "once in a while" while pregnant. At this rate it's about three pills once a week, sometimes twice. I suppose that would be almost the same as one preventative pill a day if you break it down. I do get D attacks primarily, but the three immodiums leave me with bad C afterwards. I am just guessing that because of this, that taking one each day, plus being pregnant might leave me with never going at all, or with a bad case of C. But I suppose it's worth a try for a little while if the strict diet doesn't make a difference.
Thanks again!

#186950 - 06/17/05 11:49 AM
Linz

You can find a low enough dose with taking it everyday that it will not make you C - remember I mentioned liquid loperamide if you need a tiny dose???

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1831 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3801

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review