All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I get tired everytime I eat
      #186368 - 06/14/05 08:48 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Does anyone else experience this? Today I ate three moderate sized meals instead of 4-6 small meals, and I am totally exhausted! Food just never makes me feel very well! Anyone else get tired from eating?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I get tired everytime I eat new
      #186378 - 06/14/05 10:25 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi tinkerbelle--
i keep coming across your posts and they sound so similar to me! i think you even replied to something i posted to you but i was never able to find the thread to see for any updates. ANYWHOO!! im in the same boat as you--and i only seem to be wading in the shallow end

i get tired TOO after i eat!! but its wierd--i kind of have 2 jobs--i babysit 3 days a week from 10-330, and then i go to my bakery-job from 4-930--SOO i dont really have time to eat, which sadly, i enjoy but the hunger sometimes catches up with me at night-ish so ill eat. and since i dont really eat too much during the day, its a shock kind of for my tummy and i get sleepy and want to lie down b/c my belly gets soo big! it sucks b/c i can feel that cycle eating me alive sometimes, if i stop and think about it.

what i do that seems to help, is when i have to eat a meal, i prepare it without munching inbetween the preparation. i set it up like a nice dinner or breakfast and take the time to sit down, relax, eat and enjoy. when im on-the-go i take fruit b/c its easy and fast. but if i make my meals and eat slowly, i dont get so lethargic. i hope that helps?? feel free to post something to me anytime you want to talk!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#186382 - 06/14/05 11:08 PM
Tinkerbelle

Hi Ashley!
Thanks for your posts, I really appreciate you taking the time to write me and offer me your wisdom. I think I wrote you saying I feel like we have a lot in common, and it sucks that we are both so young and experiencing all these yucky symptoms! I am more limited with what I eat than both my mom and grandma, and both of them have tummy issues! However, I think many of mine started in my head and can be helped when I decide to help myself. I think IBS is very influenced by emotions and our fixation on IBS in general, at least that's what is the case with me. For example, I was having all sorts of problems (frequent BMs, pain, bloating, etc) and was really limiting my eating when I got an Upper GI. On my birthday in the morning I got my results (and didn't sleep at all the night before because I was so nervous!) and everything was totally fine. That night I went to my favorite resturant with my friends and ate all kinds of food, and felt great all week. However, after that week, I started to think I was getting the flu, so I got fixated on that for awhile. The next week I thought I was getting a cold. Then when that was through I started getting tummy pains all over again! I began to limit my foods again and then my tummy really started shrinking.
ANYWAY! I really think I caused a lot of these problems because they weren't here before, and it seems that cutting out foods is one of the worse things I could have done, because when I try to add them back in I can't digest them. In any case, food has never made me feel that great, I've always gotten tired from it (I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia a few years back which can make you tired from food), and I've always had some sort of tummy problems. All this fixation on it really makes it so much worse... I'm going to start seeing a therapist soon who does hypnosis and I hope that helps with some of my fixation on these issues.
It's amazing that you are vegan and eat organic, that takes a lot of dedication. I was vegan for a little while but I don't think it works well for my body type... I need chicken to ground me, I start to feel like I'm floating away without meat. But I definatly understand the moral reasons for not eating meat. Some of my best friends are vegan and I was very influenced by them for awhile. I believe that if most people in our culture had to kill the animals themselves they would not do it! I feel so disconnected from what I eat and where it comes from, and I wish I was more connected to the process of how we get our food.
Anyway here's a long post for you! I hope you're feeling well tonight.
Much love,
Heather

#186385 - 06/14/05 11:29 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Watch the GI level of your foods. I have to have a decent amount of protein (and preferably also veg/fruit) with each meal or I'm literally falling asleep afterwards!

This is another reason to cut sugar out btw!

I do too.... new
      #186544 - 06/15/05 04:39 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

it's kind of retarded, because my little bug gets HYPER after she eats...I just want a nap!

However, i used to sleep after I ate for a while this fall, and I think it made my GERD much worse. Nice, huh?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#186547 - 06/15/05 04:53 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I get tired of eating, but never tired when I eat. What are you eating? I personally find mini-meals more energizing--less energy for the body to digest/metabolize in one dose. Are you get enough "colour" in your diet, an assortment of nutritional information? Animal protein tends to make people tired, and fat too, as it takes more effort/energy for the body to sort out/process and assimilate that information. Are you consuming a lot of processed foods/sugars? Do you have hypoglycemia? Maybe it's a virus.

LITTLE BEAR- I don't know if you saw this post! new
      #186768 - 06/16/05 05:23 PM
Tinkerbelle

Hi Ashley!
Thanks for your posts, I really appreciate you taking the time to write me and offer me your wisdom. I think I wrote you saying I feel like we have a lot in common, and it sucks that we are both so young and experiencing all these yucky symptoms! I am more limited with what I eat than both my mom and grandma, and both of them have tummy issues! However, I think many of mine started in my head and can be helped when I decide to help myself. I think IBS is very influenced by emotions and our fixation on IBS in general, at least that's what is the case with me. For example, I was having all sorts of problems (frequent BMs, pain, bloating, etc) and was really limiting my eating when I got an Upper GI. On my birthday in the morning I got my results (and didn't sleep at all the night before because I was so nervous!) and everything was totally fine. That night I went to my favorite resturant with my friends and ate all kinds of food, and felt great all week. However, after that week, I started to think I was getting the flu, so I got fixated on that for awhile. The next week I thought I was getting a cold. Then when that was through I started getting tummy pains all over again! I began to limit my foods again and then my tummy really started shrinking.
ANYWAY! I really think I caused a lot of these problems because they weren't here before, and it seems that cutting out foods is one of the worse things I could have done, because when I try to add them back in I can't digest them. In any case, food has never made me feel that great, I've always gotten tired from it (I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia a few years back which can make you tired from food), and I've always had some sort of tummy problems. All this fixation on it really makes it so much worse... I'm going to start seeing a therapist soon who does hypnosis and I hope that helps with some of my fixation on these issues.
It's amazing that you are vegan and eat organic, that takes a lot of dedication. I was vegan for a little while but I don't think it works well for my body type... I need chicken to ground me, I start to feel like I'm floating away without meat. But I definatly understand the moral reasons for not eating meat. Some of my best friends are vegan and I was very influenced by them for awhile. I believe that if most people in our culture had to kill the animals themselves they would not do it! I feel so disconnected from what I eat and where it comes from, and I wish I was more connected to the process of how we get our food.
Anyway here's a long post for you! I hope you're feeling well tonight.
Much love,
Heather

Re: LITTLE BEAR- I don't know if you saw this post! new
      #186777 - 06/16/05 07:03 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey yah i saw this post too! you know, i was pondering that though myself a little while ago---about IBS being more noticable to us b/c we're so fixated on it. i like coming here and asking Q's and posting my food but the more i think about IBS, the more i seem to feel it. i was actually starting to think i may not even have it--and that maybe certain foods just cause me gas which leads to my oh-so-painful C. i just hold onto the diagnosis that i was given in hopes one day it will change.
do you post your foods here??
thats *really cool* that you used to be vegan--how long did you maintain that diet? i think youre right about if people had to kill the animals for food, they wouldnt, and thus they wouldnt eat meat. a woman was talking to me at work and mentioned my size to me, which makes me very self-conscious b/c i never know what to say! im small, my pants are between 1 and 3 and most people who come to my job [panera] are horribly overweight!! i told her that i follow a vegan-organic diet and she was just blown away! she's a nurse and started telling me how smart i was and how everything that people think is "safe" is filled with chemicals and that its only leading to increased cancer rates and cases. its pretty scary b/c theres all these things hidden inbetween the "ingredients" of reg.food that the consumers dont even know about! i just keep in mind that soon it has to change--especially if more and more people continue to get sick.
thanks for admiring my dedication it means alot that you didnt make fun!! though it may be easier said then done, my diet is actually not hard at all. i make fruits a necessity and try to add veggies in where i can. my BF and me cook alot though, im more of a baker though. theres also a restaurant near us that is vegan-organic so that really helped push me into veganism. if you ever want/or are curious about foods or meals that are vegan, or vegetarian and easy to make, let me know b/c i usually whip something up fast that is easy and safe on delicate tummies. thanks for the reply!! hope to talk to you soon
*HUGS*

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

AShley...and sorry to interrupt here.. new
      #186816 - 06/16/05 11:22 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

but I ahve to say I admire your tenacity too. I often think about going veggie a bit, but I love seafood and chicken too much. I guess we do without the red meat stuff now on Heather's diet, btu I ahve to say it's tough to 100% acoid when your husband owns a steakhouse!
But I think that veganic stuff is great. Wish I had the willpower (and the veganic family too) to make that happen!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hi Tinkerbelle! new
      #186834 - 06/17/05 12:27 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi! Wow! I love your pic You're SO cute! I get tired not just from eating but from pain The worse my belly is the more tired I am. I'm also hypoglycemic and get terrible sugar cravings when I'm tired although my naturopath has put me on yeast free chromium which apparantly regulates hypoglycemia and I haven't been craving all that sugar so much lately. I recommend getting some. Just wanted to let you know I know how you feel. (((hugs)))

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2387 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1360

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review