All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: D halting foods new
      #185750 - 06/11/05 06:16 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Beth, stay hydrated! You need some sodium to balance those electrolytes. When you have D think BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and tea/toast). White foods help "sponge" up the excess fluid in your colon, i.e. white rice, white potatoes, bananas, etc. A little gatorade maybe? A suitable broth for sodium, if not pedialyte/gastrolyte? Some rice crackers? Don't think to hard about it dear, as you really sound dehydrated. I've been dehydrated and it's not fun--you just end up hooked up to an I.V. to get rehydrated because even water will make you puke.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yes, it does feel good ... new
      #185751 - 06/11/05 06:17 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

to finally get all this out of me! I must have lost a few pounds of pure stool! I feel so cleaned out, finally. Too bad it just couldn't be normal every day BMs!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I never get D either... new
      #185755 - 06/11/05 06:21 PM
Augie

so this attack took me totally by surprise! I used to have chronic D a few years ago.

I'll be skipping my dose of magnesium today for sure!

Thanks for the suggestions, Elizabeth.

--------------------
~ Beth

I am enjoying some foods I usually avoid... new
      #185756 - 06/11/05 06:25 PM
Augie

and that has been very nice! I missed them since having C. So it was a treat for me to have them today. And I feel all clean inside again. I just hope I don't go into a worse C cycle now! You know, the usual...

Why can't our Bowels learn to balance! Anyhow, this is going to sound weird, but it was a nice reprieve from the build up of stool in me. I feel so cleaned out!

--------------------
~ Beth

Thanks Wind new
      #185758 - 06/11/05 06:34 PM
Augie

I had some white rice and some white rice bread. I am trying to drink, but I'm not a big water drinker and it's so darn hot...tea is just heating my body up! I suppose I could drink it while soaking in a cool tub!

I'm just not used to having to deal with treating D as I am such a C person usually. Dare I say I am turning into an A??? But I really think it's all the stress I've had this week. It's been a doozy! You would not believe all that has happened, inluding walking to the grocery store today and having my groceries stolen while buying some water for the long, hot walk home. So I walked 1 1/2 hours in the heat and came home with nothing but a bottle of water.

Oh, the reason I was walking is because I was in a bad car accident and my car is totaled! I went right under a huge truck and my whole front car looks like an accordion. So, I have no transportation to get to my Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or anywhere! I live alone and have no one to help me get to places, including going to look for a used car.

Not to mention being totally broke and not having money to afford car payments. I'm in big trouble.

Yes, it's been a very bad week indeed. I had even more things happen...like being locked out of my apartment in the heat and pouring rain for 4 hours, broke my tooth in half and can't get to the dentist for a crown, which will be more money...and there was more, but this is the Eating Board, not the LR, so I won't go any further.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Thanks Wind new
      #185760 - 06/11/05 06:40 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

You had your groceries stolen?? How horrible! I'm so sorry Beth! How are your bowels treating you now? Did the applesauce, bananas, etc. help?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

They stole my bananas! new
      #185764 - 06/11/05 06:50 PM
Augie

and my applesauce. They took it all. So all I could eat was some white rice I had at home already!

I stopped along the walk home to buy some water at the drug store and they wouldn't let me in with my bags, even though I was walking. So, I hid them behind some bushes in the back of the store. Someone must have been watching me because when I came out 5 or 10 minutes later (enjoying the air conditioning as it was so hot out), they were gone! I was only at the bushes like 2 seconds just so no one would see me! Who ever saw me was sneaky. I hope he/she gets food poisoning or worms from my food!

I'm feeling better though, physically. Thanks.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: One helluva bad day, Beth new
      #185765 - 06/11/05 06:51 PM
Wind

Beth, I am speechless. You're really having a bad day. I don't know what to say other than 1. I'm glad nobody physically and violently harmed you, your body. 2. What goes around comes around and the perpretrator is a big you know what. 3. I hope you attract some $$$. I feel like such a selfish, secular snob compared to you and your problems and just too dang lucky and blessed today and I wish I were nearby to assist you or at least bring you a perfect bunch of Cavandish bananas and some homemade no-chicken and rice soup! Holy cow. People can be so cruel.

Get better and I hope you don't let people take advantage of you. Re: fluids. I generally brew a big pot of tea and drink it room temp. all day long in the heat. I actually prefer room temp. fluid.

Re: They stole my bananas! new
      #185766 - 06/11/05 06:56 PM
Wind

They are attracting the worst karma, Beth--to steal you're bananas. That is really low, really dirty and just plain bad karma. I'm glad you're feeling better. "Rice is life," it is the staple of most of the world for a very good reason! Is this sort of behaviour normal in your locale?

Re: Sorry to hear about your bad experiences!!! new
      #185770 - 06/11/05 07:13 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Beth,
Im sorry to hear about your horrible day, and week for that matter! You poor thing-I do hope you feel better soon. What is wrong with people that they would steal someone's groceries like that?!!!

Take care of yourself!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 715 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review