All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hungry and full
      #184100 - 06/06/05 06:25 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Anyone had this experience? I am both semi-bloated and full but also hungry at the same time. I barely get 1000 calories a day and I think my stomach has just shrunk and is confused all the time, espically when I eat a little more than normal. It's such a strange uncomfortable sensation!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hungry and full new
      #184205 - 06/07/05 08:23 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I can TOTALY relate to this! Bloating has been making me feel so full lately that it's hard to get my calories in. I think for me it started because I went from eating too many cals to too little cals and now my bod is all mixed up

Anyhow...I can def relate. You ask great questions!

I think btw that bloating makes us feel full. So when we bloat we may need to get in more clas but we feel so full...and it's tough to eat when you're full!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184247 - 06/07/05 09:13 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I totally completely relate. I think your tummy shrinks. I just can't stomach much either and am struggling to get a thousand calories in, daily. I hate feeling bloated or stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey. I find eating in courses, or dividing up my meals helps. Food combining, too, for me. What would be considered a normal sized meal for most is "huge" for me! So, I EAT SLOWLY and STOP when I'm satisfied or about 2/3 full and eat more later or something else later. Grazing, nibbling, etc. works for me.
Now, I just have to BUG myself to stop being absorbed in my work, tasks, hobbies, life, emotions or whatever to eat. I literally forget! So, I guess all I wanted to express was that I can totally relate and if I eat normally I feel bloated but if I just nibble, graze, eat slowly I feel better. If you're adding more food, I do recommend doing so
in stages, i.e. very small quantities.

#184349 - 06/07/05 11:46 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Tinkerbelle,
I too experience that strange hungry/full feeling. In fact, I often find myself very frustrated that on a very bland, low calorie diet I am highly bloated and extremely full. I do agree that our tummies, because they are muscles, shrink to accomodate the situation at the time. Having said that, they will also grow if you slowly introduce foods, as Wind suggested. Just break up your meals, snacks and eat little bits here-and-there...Soon enough, your tummy will feel retrained in many ways to expect more food and also to be able to discern hunger feelings too.

Take care!!

#184393 - 06/07/05 01:14 PM
LynnH

Reged: 06/07/05

Hungry and Full, that's me! People keep asking if I'm trying to lose weight to which I just say "no". It hadn't occurred to me that my tummy had shrunk ~ thanks for the info I'll definitely try smaller, more frequent meals - Lynn

#184639 - 06/08/05 10:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I always thought that was bloating...fennel tea usually helps me.

And eating little and often seems to be the key - do NOT stop eating.

#184644 - 06/08/05 10:08 AM
zile04

Reged: 06/06/05

Hi, I found that my meds make me hungry even if I have just eaten a full meal. I am on Celexa which is the same as Lexapro and they can cause you to feel hunger pains.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2670 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 975

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review