Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Mucous new
      #184024 - 06/06/05 02:05 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

i'll have to disagree on one point. many people with ibs have a fair amount of mucous. even when i'm doing the best (so far), i still have some small amount. for me, mucous is the single most ditressing symptom, but it's actually nothing to be all that concerned about, as it's so common and basically harmless. 'just' gross & scary.
I agree.. especially about the gross and scary part!
I think that if you have already gone through the tests and stuff and ruled out everything else, then it is just a symptom you'll have to control through the diet and medications and everything...
I do maintain, though, that if you HAVEN'T been tested for other things and you are having that much pain and mucous together, you must insist on tests.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mucous new
      #184031 - 06/06/05 02:28 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

well right, that's why i said to get more assertive with the doc - to get to bottom of this via tests, etc. re: pain, (more than mucous, imo).

Thanks, Linz. Must be nice. -nt- new
      #184065 - 06/06/05 04:11 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Well said, Stephie- I almost fainted about the milk, too!! new
      #184110 - 06/06/05 06:51 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And oh, girl, i sure hope you feel better soon! I know what it's like to have a wild nutty 2 year old and a job and try to keep the house up---It's called "pop in a video and cuddle a hot water bottle" all this weekend for me!!

Higs, and it WILL get better, and we've all been there( well the A and D people anyhow!)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: PLEASE HELP ME new
      #184119 - 06/06/05 07:11 PM
sherri23

Reged: 03/18/05
Loc: CA

YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY!!!!! A GASTROENTEROLIST DONT WAIT FIND A GOOD ONE IT CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY VSL#3 IT HAS SAVED MY LIFE WELL MY STOMACHS LIFE!.GO TO www.FOOD.MD FOR DETAILS.GOOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU FIND SOME RELIEF

Re: Please read this one! Its the latest one! Thanku new
      #184121 - 06/06/05 07:18 PM
sherri23

Reged: 03/18/05
Loc: CA

No more dairy!!!! that is the worst thing for you follow the IBS diet.As I said before see a good gastroenterolist. Change Dr's if you have to. My Dr. has gien me pain meds and I am on more meds than you..Have you had a colonoscopy? It sounds like you need a second opinion.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5958 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2871

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review