Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Immodium!!
      #183053 - 06/02/05 06:40 PM
Honey_bun

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Canada!

Hello!
Anything wrong with taking immodium before bed if your feeling a little icky in ur tummy? Just didnt know if anyone has had bad experiences when they wake up in the morning or if it helps!
Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Immodium!! new
      #183059 - 06/02/05 06:50 PM
JennWst

Reged: 06/01/05

I take the peppermint pills and they work wonders.. I take one every night before I go to bed.. It really does help...

#183060 - 06/02/05 06:56 PM
Honey_bun

Okay thanks! ill try to find them... i dont have any and i want to take some immodium cuz i cant miss school tomorrow so i gotta get this tummy ache away! thanks!!!

#183061 - 06/02/05 06:58 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I find that Immodium really works well to keep Diarrhea under control. It doesn't seem to help me for just a tummy ache. A hot cup of tea or a heating pad helps I have a stomach ache. Depending on what exactly your symptoms are you may not need an Immodium. have you ever tried Gas X? I take it daily to help with the every day symptoms.

#183063 - 06/02/05 06:59 PM
JennWst

Try your local health food store, but make sure they have fennel in them... I found them for about 12 bucks.. i didn't have time to order off of here.. I needed them immediatly, but I checked and they are exactly the same as the ones that "Heather" offers..

#183064 - 06/02/05 07:00 PM
Honey_bun

Perfect! ill go there tomorrow! thanks!

#183065 - 06/02/05 07:01 PM
JennWst

Welcome...

#183090 - 06/02/05 09:18 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

If I'm feeling a little 'rumbly' (i.e. oncoming D - which I'm assuming is what you mean by 'a little icky' - right? cause if it's not D then yeah you don't need the immodium...) Aaaaanyway, if I'm feeling that way before bed I will usually pop an immodium and it makes my morning a little easier to handle.

I tried, for a while, taking immodium the night before (even if I wasn't feeling rumbly) to see if it could prevent morning attacks (which I got every morning for a long, long time) but it didn't help at all. What DID help was taking an immodium first thing when I got up in the morning then having a light 'pre-breakfast' (slice of toast or 1/2 cup applesauce, etc.) with tea and acacia, then waiting 30 mins or so before having my full breakfast. Worked wonders and really helped me make that last hurdle to stability. I'm not sure if you get habitual morning attacks, but I just thought I'd mention that Ok, rambling done... lol Hope that helps!

#183104 - 06/02/05 10:37 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

If I have to go into work early or have a big day planned, I'll take 1/2 immodium before I go to bed and the other 1/2 in the morning. Or I'll take a full pill in the morning. Both ways seem to work for me. Also, using Immodium as a preventative is fine when you have IBS-D; many other folks here use it as such and it was even recommended to me by my doctor. Even though I've been stable on this diet for the past three months (yay! ), I'll still use an Immodium before a big event for peace of mind.

#183130 - 06/03/05 06:02 AM

Unregistered

I've seen many posts talking about taking half an Immodium - the Immodium we get over here is in a capsule (2mg) so we would be unable to split it. Are the tablets you get stronger than this? - I have often wondered when people have talked about the amount of Immodium they take and am trying to line it up with what we get over here. Thankyou. Judith

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2286

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review