Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Sleep is good new
      #182935 - 06/02/05 12:16 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi,
I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. We're here for you!
Stephie and Linz are giving great advice, but I just wanted to add something.

It jumped out at me when you said that you were up till 3am. Not getting enough sleep is a HUGE trigger for me. Especially the morning after I've slept too little. Maybe try getting in a schedual where you go to sleep earlier and get at least 8+ hours of sleep.

I really hope you feel better soon! It took at least a month or more before I went from daily attacks to mostly normal, so stick with it!

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sleep is good new
      #182936 - 06/02/05 12:18 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Thank you for bringing that up... I have been having trouble sleeping and I think going to bed at 3 last night was a problem! But I did sleep until 10:00, so I got a good amount of sleep! Thanks for the advice!

Maybe the trigger was not eating? new
      #182937 - 06/02/05 12:19 PM
Tinkerbelle

I didn't eat from 5:45-3 am, except a banana and pretzels, maybe that was the trigger??

Re: Lexapro new
      #182940 - 06/02/05 12:23 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

i'd consider another antidepressant. i know so many love their lex here, but it gave me the worst pain/ cramps i'ver ever had - woke me up in the middle of the night from these, about 2 wks after i started it. (no other ad has ever done anything like this & i've been on almost all of them over these many years.) i had to stop lex asap.
really scared me!

their are scads of other ads to try in several different classes. if your'e trying to gain weight and enhance your appetite, remeron might be a good choice. it's known for being very gi and ibs friendly, and, unlike other ads, usually starts working in the very first week. also very good for anxiety and sleep.

Re: Really frustrated and sad.... new
      #182941 - 06/02/05 12:24 PM
Silver

Reged: 10/22/04

it sounds like you and i had a very similar experince, mine was last sunday. i major bathroom issues and completely broke down. i was angry, frustrated, depressed and cried like crazy. i was feeling ok then to have this morning of many loose bm's was to much. i had been feeling better then WHAMO! i felt like i was back to square one. i started my food journal again and started readign all of IBS, disestive disorders books again. however later that afternoon i started feeling much better, then my that evening i felt ok thankfully. there will be some good days and bad days but we must not let them get us down. when we get upset this just makes things worse for us.

i wanted to mention a few things that have worked for me...

probiotics-i have been taking large doses of primal defense for about 2 months now and it has made a huge differece for me. i tried many other probiotics but i have noticed that these have made a noticeable difference.

food allergies-i went to an allergist and he tested me for all sorts of things. he told me i reacted poorly to chicken, eggs, vinegar, yeast, beef and dairy. he said these foods were causing the bathroom problems and givign me exzema (i had no idea my exzema was an allergic reaction to food). i have these things out of my diet and was feeling a little better however i am going back to be tested again for more foods. (the elimination diets didnt work for me, they things a million times worse!)

anyway, these things have helped me and maybe they can help you too.

good luck

I noticed that in your profile you say you have issues... new
      #182943 - 06/02/05 12:29 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

with being a hypochondriac. I know this is all overwhelming and it is easy to jump to conclusions that it is something life threatening when you feel so badly.

But you have not been at this too long. You say it's been 6 months, but, hon, that isn't too long at all even though it may seem like it. There are some of us who have been dealing with chronic symptoms for 10 or 20 years!

Your profile also says you are on disability and trying to get a hold of things right now. Are you in counseling at all? I think you need a higher dose of Lexapro and need to start talking to a professional who can help you deal with all the emotional aspects of your situation.

And of course, keep with the diet. And read, read, read all Heathers suggestions, posts, books, etc.

Good luck and try to calm yourself down. Stress is so bad for tummies.

Re: I noticed that in your profile you say you have issues... new
      #182946 - 06/02/05 12:35 PM
Tinkerbelle

Thanks Cyndy... I am a hypochondriac for sure, I worry about having many diseases and am very tuned in with my body, and thus I think I can create symptoms of exasterbate ones that are only slightly there. I am not on disability rather I quit my job about a month ago and am staying with my parents. Everything is pretty complex right now because I am in the process of leaving the town I went to university in, where I've lived for 7 years! I have many friends there and a man I am falling in love with, but am supposed to start graduate school for a counseling psychology program in the fall! All of these issues started really surfacing after a breakup at the end of last year, and then kept getting worse and worse with stress from work and applying to grad schools and dating a new guy. I started seeing a therapist a few months ago, but obviously could not get too deep with her because I'm supposed to move to LA for grad school. So a week ago I came to stay with my parents and heal, but all of my things are still up where I went to school, along with this man I adore.... So I'm in limbo and waking everyday with tons of poo! I still don't know if I will go to school in the fall because I feel so unstable mentally and physcially. But I also know keeping busy really helps, but i feel too overwhelmed to do the things I used to love...
Anyway it's very complex but I do need to start seeing a therapist where I wll be living for the next few years. I found one I think I like but haven't started seeing her yet!

Re: I noticed that in your profile you say you have issues... new
      #182952 - 06/02/05 12:48 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It does definitely sound like stress/anxiety issues. I know I mentioned in an email that I thought you needed an increase in the lexapro, and I still do think that. I would also make it a huge priority to take care of that, and see a therapist - trust me on this one, the voice of experience here, you will not likely feel much better, if at all, until you address the anxiety/stress issues!!

Also, you do need a colonoscopy, my dear. I'm sorry. But if even the GI has suggested more testing, I would do it - the peace of mind afterwards, of either having a diagnosis or hearing that you DON'T have Crohns or UC, is worth it.

Good luck... and I know I still owe you an email, I'm still trying to catch up from a few days of not being online (over the holiday weekend), and I will try to write more tonight!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4767 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4521

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review