All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Zelnorm user w/question...
      #180585 - 05/22/05 07:07 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I just started taking this on Friday, 2 days ago, one in the morning before breakfast, and one before dinner. Both days had a good bowel movement after breakfast, but not dinner. Am I supposed to be having another one after dinner? or is just having them in the morning normal? If I am....is it because of lack of water, because I'm taking them on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before eating. Just want to know if I'm supposed to have a BM after each time I take one. Thanks!

Jessica

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I would say no new
      #180592 - 05/22/05 08:15 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

it is not necessary to have a BM after every time you use it. It's not like a laxative where you expect to get that effect. If you get one BM a day, I think that would be considered "normal". Better than normal for me!

I think your body is getting use to it. It says on the pamphlet that it may cause diarrhea in the beginning, but that goes away. So maybe instead of diarrhea, you just had an extra BM. You are suppose to take it on an empty tummy, and the amount of water you take before doesn't matter, as long as you get enough water/liquid in your body throughout the day. That's what's important. I don't think you should stop drinking water/tea before your dinner doseage. By empty stomach, I just assumed it meant empty of food. Someone correct me if I am wrong. SoreTummy seems to have the most success with this drug so maybe she can help you with the whole liquid/food amount allowed before taking the pill. Did you see her response to me here. zelnorm It sounds like water is fine to have beforehand, just not food. How long beforehand to you stop eating in order to have an empty tummy for your dinner doseage?

I think you are doing everything correctly, Jessica. Keep us updated on how it is going for you. Hopefully, you will have better luck with it than me and others who it either never worked for or stopped working for. . Sorrytummy swears by it!

Re: New Zelnorm user w/question...*bump* new
      #180678 - 05/22/05 05:27 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Cyndy and Jessica... new
      #180779 - 05/23/05 11:26 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

it Does work well for me, but it MIGHT just be because I am C, but have tendencies toward A. I get diarhhea every couple weeks, and lately, i've had it almost constantly.
I found that it works better on a totally empty tummy, but you know, 1x a day might actually be sufficient for you-that might be all you have to go in a day. Do you still feel backed up?

I've also heard, Jessica, that going off of it for a few days and restarting can sort of "kick it up a notch." I definitely noticed that myself, when i took a break betw. Dr. samples and actual Rx. I'm currently off of it right now because um, my penicillin is doing a FINE job of clearing me out, LOL!!

If ya have any ?s please feel free. I'm just so happy to help.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by SoreTummyMommy (05/23/05 11:30 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3976 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 306

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review