All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
slippery elm and aloe vera
      #180408 - 05/20/05 02:32 PM
jewbug

Reged: 05/10/05
Loc: Las Vegas, Nv

Just wondered if anyone has found that slippery elm herb and aloe vera juice have any help with their IBS. My IBS is D predominant.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Check out the Research Library new
      #180570 - 05/22/05 03:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Aloe is generally a bad thing...there is loads of info on it in the library...or do a search. Not so sure about slippery elm tho...again, do a search.

And aren't you new? Welcome if so!

Re: Check out the Research Library new
      #180606 - 05/22/05 09:33 AM
jewbug

Reged: 05/10/05
Loc: Las Vegas, Nv

Yes I am new! Started with IBS about a year ago, but was not that bad until the last month, why I don't know. Another question I had is about Metamucil. This and Fibercon are listed as laxatives, which seems like it would not be a good thing to use with IBS-D predominant. I know they are bulk forming, but I wondered if they irritate the colon when D-predominant is the big problem.

Thanks for any advice!

I know you are new, but new
      #180617 - 05/22/05 09:54 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

you must orient yourself with Heathers suggestions on the diet and how soluble fiber helps C and D. You must take the time to read her initial postings at the top of this board, as well as all her other links besides the message board. She has them on the left hand side of the opening sight before you enter the message board. They include info on IBS diet, IBS supplements (here is where you can read about the soluble fiber supplements), yoga, hypnosis. Plus, I suggest you get and read her books. If you can't afford them, you can check them out at the library. That's what I did. Now, I own them.

Good Luck and welcome. I fairly new too, and I love this message board. Everyone is super helpful and nice.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4857 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 585

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review