All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: You really think Philips Chews new
      #179785 - 05/18/05 08:23 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Since it's just magnesium, I wouldn't see why not. My doctor told me taking MOM is okay once a week. I don't know, seems as though everyone has different opinions. Maybe you want to ask your own doctor? Good luck!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#179799 - 05/18/05 08:55 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

My doctor maintains that magnesium is not habit forming nor will cause cathartic colon.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#179895 - 05/18/05 02:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

No I didn't know how often you can take them or what the dangers were- not really. I have been wanting to find out for a while. Since it is just magnesium it seems to be the best idea for a little "help". So I am happy to know this. I still will continue to take them when really needed. I had noticed 1/2 worked at one time then I took them some and ended up needing 2. Then I didn't take any for a while and now 1 is enough again. I think it says to take 2 on the box which seems way too high. My mom gave them to me and said not to take over 1/2 at first and I was glad she did!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

We're all different, and I tend towards A, so new
      #179900 - 05/18/05 02:43 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

it may not work for you, but Zelnorm, Metamucil and lots of water, and following Heather's diet, and exercise. It's a lot but it works for me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: C question new
      #181539 - 05/27/05 07:00 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

I have been reading through trying to find some suggestions for traveling. I just may not have looked into it far enough, but does anyone have any travel suggestions? I am FINALLY stable, and very excited about it. But I'm going to Italy in June, and I've very excited about that also, but I don't want to become C and not enjoy myself. I will be on a plane 8+ hours, and then a major time change. Should I try to keep my SFS on my time, or once I get there, change to theirs? (I usually take Miralax and Acacia with breakfast, and then Acacia in the evenings.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

travel new
      #181627 - 05/27/05 11:48 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Drink water and tea like its going out of style! We chose seats on the plane right by the bathroom so that I could just drink and pee as needed. I carried acacia in a pill bottle and asked for hot water from the attendants, then I mixed it in and put in bags of Eater's digest tea. I did this throughout the trip. I had tea everywhere- sometimes strange water is nasty, but tea is great. I was very regular. Have blended soups and vegetables too. Also go potty when and where you need to. Have fun!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I just got back from a 1-week vacation (IBS-C) new
      #181971 - 05/30/05 08:48 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I got very C, crampy, & bloated about 4 days into my trip, despite taking Miralax every morning. That's very normal for me when on vacation. It makes me SO MAD. Anyway, I also brought Zelnorm with me "just in case." Usually, 1/4 of a pill helps me if I need an occasional "boost" at home, but that didn't do any good on my trip. So I took 1/2 a pill one night, then took another 1/2 a pill the next morning with my Miralax. That did the trick. I went several times that day.

So my suggestion is to bring Zelnorm with you to take if you get in a "bind."

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3832 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4175

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review