All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
trying to stabilize
      #178147 - 05/11/05 05:48 AM
3grands

Reged: 05/03/05

I'm finally over the terrible pain I've had for the past week and a half (from C we think). I have NOT been using any fiber supplements. Now I have acacia and my Dr suggested Fibercon too....should I start with only Acacia for a few weeks and then add the other...I'm petrified of getting C again!!! Thanks for all the responses to past concerns. Judy

PS I'm A (mostly D) and pain predominant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: trying to stabilize new
      #178174 - 05/11/05 07:17 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I'm not sure but here is another post you can read where they are talking about this so-called 'SFS'

I am an A and I take 4 tbsp of Benefiber a day and that seems to work for me. But it really is an experiment finding what doses of what SFS works best for you.

Good Luck,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#178198 - 05/11/05 08:11 AM
3grands

Thanks for the link...is there one for what to look for in WHITE bread??? I just realized that the one I thought was safe has wheat flour in it so that's NOT good!

#178218 - 05/11/05 08:43 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Actually, unless you're wheat or gluten intolerant, wheat is fine - it's WHOLE wheat that's the problem. The more likely culprit in store-bought sliced bread is HFCS. Some people can tolerate a little of it in their bread and some can't. Also, oddly enough, some breads have dairy products in them.

Try doing a Search on "sliced bread" (do not use the quotes) with no time limit and another one on "sandwich bread" (again, do not use the quotes) with no time limit. That should bring up at least a couple of recent threads discussing various breads. For some information on how to Search, click here. And, of course, if you have more questions or need help finding just what you need, please ask.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#178244 - 05/11/05 09:39 AM
3grands

Thanks for the response...you people are amazing!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 449 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1280

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review