Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to eat for breakfast ?
      #175985 - 05/02/05 07:46 PM
cjob68

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada

Hi,
I want to know what is safe to eat for breakfast ? I need something that is pre-made ( i.e. bars , fruit etc ..) for on the go. Usually I have Nature Valley bars and they seem ok. Any other suggestions would be great !!!

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What to eat for breakfast ? new
      #175987 - 05/02/05 07:57 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Luna bars are great, soy yogurt is great. If you like hardboiled eggs, it takes no time at all to boil a dozen over the weekend and grab a couple on your way out the door -- just don't eat the yolks! My mom boils her eggs with red onion skins in the water to tint the shells, so she doesn't grab a raw one by mistake.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#175996 - 05/02/05 08:17 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi there! I don't really much suggestions for pre-made breakfasts except to echo Amanda's suggestion of Luna bars. Just wanted to say welcome to the boards (or welcome back, as the case may be) from a fellow CANADIAN!

#176001 - 05/02/05 08:27 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Instant oatmeal is quick, and almost always safe, but as always, do read the ingredients.

But I understand, sometimes the 2 mins to boil the water is too long when mornings get rushed (especially with those dreadful boughts of D!).

I eat luna bars or dry cereal. I have cereal, pretzels, baby food type crackers, etc. all measured out into ziploc baggies, so I just grab a baggie on the way out the door. Find a cereal that is safe, and you love, and just baggie up the whole darn box! Right now, I'm eaing Corn Pops, Honeycomb, and Quaker Oat Squares.

Enjoy!

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#176064 - 05/03/05 06:52 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

There's only one thing I can stomach in the morning, and that's a bagel. Untoasted, no toppings. I just pick at it for the first half of the day.

That's probably not much help to you though. One other thing I'll try if I'm not bagel-y is an apple. Just make sure you peel it and chew it good.... and choose a nice sweet variety, as one that's too tart might be bad news.

--------------------
*Emma*

#176067 - 05/03/05 06:57 AM
SEWRIGHT

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: ONTARIO, CANADA

I usually have the instant oatmeal the ones you purchase in bulk with different varieties in the box. What would be the ingredience not to eat in them? Thanks SEWRIGHT

Yes, Bagel! new
      #176094 - 05/03/05 08:05 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I eat a plain (white flour) bagel specially baked for me by with no corn meal on the bottom.

I am able to tolerate a little Organic Earth Balance Buttery Spread (100 per cent vegan with no additives, available at health foodstores in both Canada and the U.S.) on my bagel and on top of that I smear some fruit sauce.

If you don't have time to prepare your own fruit sauce, you can buy babyfood jars of apple sauce, pear, apple/strawberry, etc. -- whatever you can tolerate. Just make sure there are no additives or anything IBS-unsafe in the babyfood sauce you are buying.

This approach enables me to include a little fruit in my diet. Eaten with soluble fibre (the bagel) I seem to be able to tolerate it just fine.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3305 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1094

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review