All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Attn: Heather for My IBS
      #17462 - 08/15/03 01:43 PM
Dori

Reged: 08/15/03

Hi, I'm new and hopeing to learn quickly how to use the message board. I e-mailed you and your auto reply said to send to the Mesg. Brd. so I just sent my original letter to you here. Hoping to hear from you and others re: My IBS. Thanks so far to Free2beDee for your response. I'm in So.Ca. too. Wish there was a group to go to; I'm not up to starting one. Sincerely, Dori

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Attn: Heather for My IBS new
      #17467 - 08/15/03 02:38 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Dori - I'm going to send you to links where you can see the tests you need to done to rule out things other than IBS, and also what exactly those tests are meant to rule out. Check here web page

You also want to verify that your symptoms actually match IBS. Compare what you feel to the Rome Criteria used for IBS diagnosis - that info is here web page

You could easily double your water intake. That will be better than Gatorade, which can cause problems for many folks.

Also make sure you're taking a soluble fiber supplement - info is here web page

Please don't feel you have to address questions to me. I'm not always able to anwer every post, and the beauty of the message boards is that they are full of wonderful, knowledgable people who can help you every bit as much as I can.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#17480 - 08/15/03 04:20 PM
Dori

Reged: 08/15/03

Hi, thanks so much for the info. I will continue with needed tests. I was just hoping to hear if 99% sure is "there." I don't see Dr. again for a month and it's hard waiting for a verdict. I do fit the Rome Criteria including almost all of associated symptoms given at the bottom. Also wondering if the Barium Enema causes IBS-C sufferers torture or not. Scared to go through it. Thanks so much everyone, I'm so happy to find this.

#17501 - 08/15/03 09:06 PM
Free2bDee

Reged: 07/22/03

Sure thing, Dori~ Where are you located in So. Cal?
Would be interesting to know if we are neighbors...

Happy Weekend,

--------------------
~Deborah

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1773 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review