All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Day 5...When to break the "break the cycle" diet?
      #174564 - 04/27/05 05:44 PM
WendySmiling

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: Illinois

Hiya,
This is day 5 for me and I'm less nauseaous, the bloating is still there (but tolerable)...but...I didn't have a BM today and only a tiny one yesterday and the day before. I'm giving up bananas now to see. I'm down to rice, bread, and potatoes basically.

I understand I should not to be on this diet too long, and Heather says one's stomach will "stabilize" in a few days. I don't even know what "stable" means. I don't feel that different so how does one even know? Am I supposed to wait until I get stable to start adding foods in?

Today I ate every 2-3 hours and had 1/3c potatoes, 1/2 applesauce, 1/2c rice milk, and the rest was french bread w. a tiny dab of fruit only spread. And fennel tea and water. 500 cals for the day and I'm doing my night time bloating and don't feel like eating, so I will just have a couple bites of food for the next couple hours. <shrug>?

Whatcha think?
The ever-greatful Wendy in Oklahoma

--------------------
Gracie
IBS-C since 1978

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Day 5...When to break the "break the cycle" diet? new
      #174626 - 04/28/05 01:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Time to start adding safe IF in. C's have to be really careful about the SF/IF balance which is why is can take so much longer for them to fully stabilise (D's can just cut IF out and be happy like that!). Keep all your Sf foods in, but add some pureed IF veggies...zucchini's a very safe one to start with...or frozen peas are usually quite well tolerated. Or stick something like blueberries into a smoothie.

Good luck!

Re: Day 5...When to break the "break the cycle" diet? new
      #174824 - 04/28/05 01:37 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I've been following your posts and was glad to hear that yesterday was better. Good luck adding insoluble fiber. I'm IBS-D so it doesn't work the same for me, but I keep hearing that's really what helps Cers (and Aers) "go".

As I read it, the Break The Cycle diet consists of nothing except soluble fiber, SFS, and herbal teas. Have you made the changes because of your other health issues or is your reading different from mine?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 407

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review