All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I CAN eat Luna bars!!!
      #174068 - 04/26/05 06:24 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Sorry for the pointless post, I'm just happy because tonight was my Luna bar experiment---I've never had one before because I was afraid of the "May contain trace amounts of peanuts" warning (I'm allergic) but I tried tonight and all is well! At least with the Lemon Zest ones.....for those who like Luna and haven't tried Zone Bars, they are very similar and equally delicious. (And not a trigger for me, apparently).

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I CAN eat Luna bars!!! new
      #174072 - 04/26/05 06:26 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I thought most Zone bars contained dairy, or is it only a few flavors we can have?

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#174091 - 04/26/05 06:55 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Glad to hear that it turned out good for you. I am considering trying them since everyone here seems to like them. Figure that it might be a nice little treat for now and then.

-Michelle

#174093 - 04/26/05 06:59 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Apparently not enough dairy to make me ill...although I haven't had a Zone bar since I've been trying to eat better, so you may be right!

--------------------

Anyone have any Luna bar recommendations? new
      #174171 - 04/26/05 10:07 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yay great to hear!

I've checked out a few of the Zone bars in the grocery store (not sure what kinds, sorry) but they all seem like they would be too high fat for me to eat alone... ?

And on the Luna bar strain (and very sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here! ) - I've only tried a few flavours, Nutz Over Chocolate (yum!), Chai Tea (pretty good) and Key Lime Pie (not bad)... anyone have any recommendations for their favourites? I'd like to try to seek out some more kinds at different stores here in town. Thanks!

Re: Anyone have any Luna bar recommendations? new
      #174174 - 04/26/05 10:16 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

I believe most people have weighed in on the recommendation issue here .

Personally, I haven't come across any that I don't like. I've tried them all except for the Peppermint Stick one, because I am allergic. I have my favorites, but I eat them enough that I buy them all, for the variety.

If you are simply looking for a list of flavors, the Luna Website has a list and product description.

According to Shell there will soon be three more flavors. Yay!

Amazing what that search function will do, eh?

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Re: Anyone have any Luna bar recommendations? new
      #174179 - 04/26/05 10:28 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh dear I'm always telling people to search and then I didn't even do it myself!

I didn't konw about that post - Thanks Alyssa!!!!

Searching on the Board... new
      #174228 - 04/27/05 05:06 AM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Hehe...yeah, I couldn't resist throwing that in.

I do have a question though. When I search on the boards, it works just fine, I get the list of results, and then I click on one. If that is not right, or if I want to see a different post from the results, and then click back to get to the list, the list is gone, and I have to enter all the information again. I mean, it's not the hugest problem, but occaisionly, I forget what I was even searching for!

I wondered if anyone else has this problem. It could just be my settings someone, but I've never had this problem on other pages. Also, if someone new (even newer than me, lol) was trying this, and had the same problem, I would see how they could get frustrated easily. Might be something to be aware of. (That...or my computer just has a mind of it's own! )

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Re: Searching on the Board... new
      #174239 - 04/27/05 05:41 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

That's weird. It doesn't happen to me, so I think it must be your settings. Too bad I don't know enough about techie stuff to tell you what settings to change! I'm always able to hit back and end up at the list of search results again.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Searching on the Board... new
      #174250 - 04/27/05 06:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's cos the search brings up links to specific threads and if you click on the thread it'll move away from your search.

BUT...if when you've got your search results and you want to look at one, instead of using your left-mouse button to click on the title, use your right hand button and click "Open in a new window". That way the window with your search results in will stay up and you can look at each individuial result in separate browser windows.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review