All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello All....I'm back for a little while
      #17266 - 08/14/03 10:17 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

It's been so long since I have been here. I hope you all are doing good. We got a new internet system here at work and also rearranged the office I work in so it is harder to get on-line without someone seeing me. But we have people on vacation right now...so I am doing a no-no and getting on-line.

I have been doing pretty well up until the past couple days. Lots of abdominal pain...kind of cramping but am not supposed to start my period for a couple weeks. Making lots of trips to the bathroom in the morning and then eventually ok. I think most of it is just this extreme heat we are having. My husband and I don't have air conditioning so we rely on fans and open windows in the evening and pray for an evening breeze. Can the heat affect IBS? Does anyone else have this problem?

The pain in my abdomen kind of feels like menstral cramps and I also have pressure when I first sit down or stand up. I'm not sure how to best describe it but it gets worse here the past few months when I get close to my period.

Thanks for listening. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello All....I'm back for a little while new
      #17267 - 08/14/03 10:29 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I know that I cannot stand the heat. It totally flares up my symptoms. People look at me like I am a weirdo when I say that I hate summer. Which is true...I am more of a cool weather baby. As for the symptoms getting worse closer to cycle time, I agree there as well. I have the same problems. I know that there are many posts about it on the boards; you will just have to search around. I know how you feel about sneaking the internet at work . We are not supposed to, but it is ok if the boss does....but that is another story I don't EVEN want to get started on! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#17272 - 08/14/03 11:02 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Summers kicks the crap out of me (Pardon the pun!) It's terrible! I have to carry water with me ALLL the time.

We are lake people and spend our weekends at the beach! Last weekend my body finally said - I have had enough of this weather and kept me indoors for all of Sunday! I wanted to go down to the water with everyone, but it was just too far away from a bathroom.

The heat is definately a factor. As far as I know so is the humidity. Weather could even affect you to the point that if you live somewhere where it rains all the time and that depresses you - that will affect your IBS.

Good luck, stay cool and keep drinking water.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#17278 - 08/14/03 11:10 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Heat (especially humid heat) is a big trigger for IBS - check here for info web page It's in a past newsletter article.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#17282 - 08/14/03 11:17 AM
Nugget

Thank you, Heather.....that article hit the nail on the head.

#17283 - 08/14/03 11:21 AM
Nugget

I, too, hate the hot weather. I like Spring and Fall because they are not tooo hot and not toooo cold...and everything is so pretty then. I am a cool weather baby, too. Born in March.

I think this is the hottest summer we've had here where I live for a long time. I can't remember it ever being in or near the 100's for this long. It's been about a month now that we have had this extreme heat and it's getting old. We are looking forward to the cooldown soon.

#17284 - 08/14/03 11:25 AM
Nugget

Thanks Lana.....my husband and I went to the lake last weekend and luckily I was having a "good stomach" day. We took our two golden retreivers so they could cool off in the lake. Had a nice time.

Let's all pray for cooler weather.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review