All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tummy Fiber
      #172502 - 04/22/05 06:22 AM
andy2

Reged: 04/22/05

Hi I'm new and have a question
I started taking Heathers tummy fiber about two and a half weeks ago and have been fairly regular since almost the beginning but every day around two or three in the afternoon I get gas, no bloating. I was wondering if maybe I started off with to much and should go back down and start again from a smaller dose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tummy Fiber new
      #172520 - 04/22/05 06:38 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What dose did you start on and what dose are you on now? You can always decrease your dose for a bit and then increase it more slowly.

Also, are you following the diet as well?

#172528 - 04/22/05 06:47 AM
andy2

I started at 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and then 1/2 teaspoon at night. I am following the diet, probably not as strictly as I should though. I never had a problem with gas before, so I wasnt sure if changing my diet and taking the fiber was to much of a shock to my system

#172546 - 04/22/05 07:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd drop down to 1/4 tsp twice a day for a while.

You need to follow the diet strictly if you want to stabilise...after you're stable you can push your tolerances a bit and cheat occasionally w/out too much effect, but you need to be very strict before you are stable.

Also, if you've just introduced soy to your diet, do so slowly or that can cause gas...your body has to learn to produce a different enzyme I think.

#172556 - 04/22/05 07:19 AM
andy2

Thanks
Thats what I was thinking but its good to hear it from someone who knows more than I do about this stuff.
I was getting a little frustrated because i feel so much better besides those few hours of gas every afternoon, so I didnt want to have to stop taking this if it turns out to be something I can control with proper dosage.
Thanks again and I will make sure I stick to the diet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2365 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review