All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
ACID that hurts
      #172305 - 04/21/05 02:47 PM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

I dont know what it is..i know i have GERD along with IBS-C but i couldnt sleep all night last night because i was in so much pain.my thoart feels like it has a knife in it and my left side of my teeth hurt so bad,and my inner left ear.my head also hurts.ive had this before but its just so painful..what can i do for this?normally i just let it go and its just to painful.could it be from forcing it out so much?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Kemi, I have severe GERD.... new
      #172321 - 04/21/05 03:23 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

i just posted to you in the other "volatile slide" part of the Zelnorm post.

For me, I have to avoid all sorts of stuff-tomatoes, tangy stuff, spicy stuff, peppery stuff, and pop, alcohol(wah!) caffeine of all kinds and fat. A lot like IBS diet but without the flavor. it's helped me a lot. A lot of GERD people have proton pump inhibitor meds, but I just buy generic Zantac and it works for me. You should also elevate not just your head, but your whole BODY when you sleep.

Anyhow, I do hope you get it checked out-mines improved dramatically. When I was pregnant, even MILK made me have heartburn!LOL!

My doctor thought it was just heartburn, then it was gastritis that never went away...but you have my symptoms for sure, and it's something you need to get in check even more than our IBS. I was just officially diagnosed with IBS and GERD last week,but yeah, try generic Zantac-it's cheap, not too chemical, it works (for me at least), no side effects.

good luck-let me know the scoop, OK?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Kemi, I have severe GERD.... new
      #172339 - 04/21/05 04:59 PM
Kemi

i use prolsec otc and that usally helps but every once in a while ill get it relley bad.today it hurt so bad that the inside of my ear hurt and my head hurt.!!i cant have bland foods for the rest of my life!noooo..i tired that and it helped but im still eating spicy food regardless!i cant go without all that..what kind of ibs do you have?

I'm a C too, and when I'm very C, the Gerdie is worse.-nt- new
      #172365 - 04/21/05 07:51 PM
_Willow

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I'm a C too, and when I'm very C, the Gerdie is worse.-nt- new
      #172368 - 04/21/05 08:05 PM
Kemi

I HATE IBS!it just feels like theres a knife in my thoart and i keep bleaching.it hurts so bad.

GERDs isn't actually IBS... new
      #172442 - 04/22/05 12:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...though apparently having IBS is a risk factor for having GERDs. GERDs must be treated - it can cause horrible complications otherwise. Go and see your doc asap and get on a proper course of a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) like Nexium.

Re: ACID that hurts new
      #172634 - 04/22/05 09:21 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Do you mean, jaw, neck, head, face pain? Your symptoms sound a lot like what I formerly suffered from. Go to your dentist.
Do you grind your teeth while you sleep? I DID. LOTS OF PEOPLE DO. Yes, they do it to an awesomely painful degree. A
device for this syndrome alleviates the effects of the syndrome. It's a burstis device. Mine is about the size of a little phone plug. You put it between your front teeth when you go to sleep. It cushions/deters you from the habit. It was worth the two hundred bucks. It's a little odd/awkward at first, but after about 2 weeks you are adapted.

Re: GERDs isn't actually IBS... new
      #172765 - 04/22/05 03:03 PM
Kemi

so people with IBS along with GERD are at higher risk then those with ibs who dont have it?i need to get on a different medicane asap.

Well, it just complicates things more... new
      #172783 - 04/22/05 03:55 PM
_Willow

when I'm C, my GERD will be worse,but they're definitely 2 different diseases. GERD has scary complications if you don't eat right. You don't wanna go there. believe me, it's killing me to stop eating tomato everything, but I have to. You can get cancer!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Well, it just complicates things more... new
      #172874 - 04/23/05 12:46 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What I meant was that if you have IBS then you are at more risk of getting GERDs...which is why so many of us have it even tho it's not an actual IBS symptom!

And yes, if you have GERDs, you MUST get medication for it...otherwise it just continues to scar and eat through your stomach lining and oesophagus! Scary stuff...it'd eventually cause ulcers and all sorts of things.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review