All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Volatile
      #171563 - 04/19/05 03:44 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

I've read some of your many posts, I do understand to a point your frustration regarding your bloating but do try to remember we've all got problems or we wouldnt be on this site you wont gain friends by being stroppy.
Now I too suffer from bloating it has been many a saturday night with me sitting on my bed with my clothes all over the floor wondering what to wear coz I look like I'm pregnant, Im also very slim and yes its quite obvious that your stomach looks like you've swallowed a balloon. But I have to say I've found no answers with me it doesnt matter what I eat some days im bloated some days I'm not I've just had to accept that unfortunately thats the way I am! Also you say you exercise a lot well I do fitness classes and I find I'm always bloated after any exercise except swimming dont know why if its water retention or what but it always happens to me. Dont know if that helps you in any way but just wanted you to understand we're all in the same boat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Volatile new
      #171573 - 04/19/05 04:27 PM
kateL

Reged: 12/14/04
Loc: Camano Island, WA

What does stroppy mean? I have not heard this term before. I hope I wasn't being that way. I definitely after reading some of these post realized I'm not the only one. I was having a bad day(as we all do)and wanted to relate and I guess receive some reassure. I have not been part of this site very long and haven't given all it has to offer a fair shake, I realize that. I have unfortunately had to give other issues in my life attention first. I am taking some of the suggestions and am going to give them a more patient try. Thanks for your support.

KateL, please read this. new
      #171806 - 04/20/05 10:00 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Kate,

Susieannah's comment was absolutely, positively NOT for you. "Volatile" is the Board name of someone who was being seriously stroppy (great word) over the weekend - way out of line. I've read most if not all of your posts and you are well within the normal range of frustrated/worried/hopeful/depressed/uncertain/determined/fed up for this Board.

No one expects you to feel great about having IBS, everyone understands about bad days, no one expects you to start doing the diet right immediately and continuously, everyone understands there are other things going on in your life that need attention, and no one wants you to feel you have to censor your problems and struggles. Please do not let this have a chilling effect on your posts.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2995 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review