All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Up late and scared
      #171193 - 04/19/05 01:57 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I slept for one hour then just woke up very scared and feeling naseous. I already pooped once and am having the dreaded gurgle, but fear going to the bathroom again... i just don't want too much to come out becaused I've already lost so much weight and don't want to loose anymore. I ate normal for the first time yesterday since a D attack on Thurs and Fri mornings... and now my body is pissed for some reason... i'm so scared and don't feel like i can handle this for much longer.... so so so scared. at my wit's end, I don't want to go to work I don't want to live my life until all of this ends...... it's never been this bad before....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tinkerbelle! new
      #171195 - 04/19/05 02:19 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Sweetie I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. Pop some preventative immodium (try one first then if you go have another) and pop the good old hot water bottle on your tummy. Big hugs to you. I hope it passes quickly and painlessly for you!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Tinkerbelle! new
      #171196 - 04/19/05 02:30 AM
Tinkerbelle

I'm too scared to take anything right now I don't want to take immodium last time I couldn't go to the bathroom for 4 days.. i feel like i'm going to have D I feel so scared and sad!

#171197 - 04/19/05 02:35 AM
Tinkerbelle

What I'm really afraid of is that I will keep loosing weight until I die... I've already lost about 10 lbs in the last 6 months since I started dating the guy who broke up with me. I keep having broken sleep and trouble eating and I'm so worried my body is functioning on a really poor level. I have so many fears about illness and death and this is bringing up all of them. All I want is for my tummy to feel stable and for me to gain weight. It just doesn't make logical sense that if I didn't feel this way before, why am I feeling this way now? It's so obvious that the psychological factors in my life are what have caused this bout, but it still feels so unfathomable. Why me? When will this end? I'm greatful that you are writing to me right now and that there are tons of people on here who understand what I am going through!

#171199 - 04/19/05 02:48 AM
doubletrouble

Yep, I'm there too. Well I'm married but otherwise am super thin atm and every time I manage to put on a kilo or 2 I get an attack and off it comes plus some. I also have terrible sleep (when my darling daughters let me) and I am a dying phobe. I have such an insane fear of dying (I'm not afraid of being dead, just of the process of dying) that I get anxiety attacks and can't watch the news or talk about it before bed time or I have nightmares all night (and would you believe DH has decided to join the army, AHHHH!) I don't know if you have msn messenger but if you do I'm online and my addy is amyemadden@hotmail.com if you want to chat. Otherwise just keep posting and I'll try to be here listening (in between kids). Big hugs.
PS. Maybe leave the immodium till the d starts. I also get clogged from it but find if I have 1/2 a tablet or only 1 it's enough to stop the D but not constipate me for weeks afterwards which is just as bad as the D.

--------------------
Amy

#171201 - 04/19/05 02:56 AM
Tinkerbelle

Do you have AOL instant mssager? I am on my housemate's laptop and I don't think she has that messager. Wish I could talk to you on it, you really have similiar symptoms to me!!

No I have a yahoo one too. though, do you have that on there?-nt new
      #171203 - 04/19/05 03:00 AM
doubletrouble

--------------------
Amy

Immodium new
      #171205 - 04/19/05 03:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What dose did you take when it made you C? When I was badly D, all I could take was one tablet (2 in a day absolute max), but it worked. Even if you have to take half a tablet (or even get the liquid (rx) that allows you to take really tiny amounts) it can be so helpful.

You NEED to keep eating. If you're scared of eating, stick to lots of tiny meals of SF.

Good luck!

Re: No I have a yahoo one too. though, do you have that on there?-nt new
      #171206 - 04/19/05 03:03 AM
Tinkerbelle

Not on this computer, no, I will have the internet soon on my computer then I won't have to use hers... I'm eating pretzels and I feel a little funky from them. Not sure if they will help. Interesting that we both have the death phobia. Does IBS spawn a lot of your death fears?

Re: Immodium new
      #171208 - 04/19/05 03:04 AM
Tinkerbelle

I took one and was C for 4 days, which actually felt kind of good but also strange at the same time. I'm a huge health freak and it feels weight to me to take drugs like that, like I shouldn't do that to my body. On the other hand, it feels terrible to poop our everything I eat and feel like I'm loosing all my nutrients!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 693 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review