All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acadia
      #170448 - 04/16/05 08:46 PM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

My Irritable Bowel Syndrome consists of bloating, constipation, and then when not constipated, I have d. I have read that I should be taking a probotic, but that one which does not have psyllium, acadia, the problem is when I went to Whole Foods they did not carry this.

I also don't know if I need only probiotic or that and a prebiotic, what supplement do I need and where can I buy it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acadia new
      #170454 - 04/16/05 08:53 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Not sure about the probiotics and prebiotics. I take dairy free Inner health plus capsules. You only need one a day and they contain live bacteria.
The acacia unfortunately isn't available in shops yet, but you can order it from this site (just click the shop for IBS at the top left of this page). Alternatively you can try something like Benefibre which is pure soluable fibre, bought from the chemist. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Amy

Read and Search! new
      #170455 - 04/16/05 08:53 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Your constant posts have already been answered numerous times. Please just do some research first.

I'm not trying to be mean, honestly, but all your posts can be answered by using the search button, typing in the subject and searching all forums without limits. Give it some time and read and learn. It takes some effort to get your answers.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#170458 - 04/16/05 08:57 PM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

That doesn't contain psyllium or inulin, because the bloating is what I have. What do I have to take, a probiotic or a prebiotic with it, and which ones will not cause bloating, citrucell and benefiber alright.

Yep, new
      #170461 - 04/16/05 09:03 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Benefibre caused a bit of bloating in me. Acacia is the one that will make you bloat the least, there's also one called Normafibre which is apparantly great, I'm not sure if it's available in America though. Just be really careful when you start to take one. Try starting with about 1/8 of a teaspoon and work up really slowly. SFS isn't for everyone though. I got worse with mine (I'm a D) so I don't take one, but give it a go, they seem to help most of the people here.

--------------------
Amy

Are you reading Retrograde an my suggestions? new
      #170463 - 04/16/05 09:04 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You need to use the SEARCH button and take a break from all this posting. Please just Search. All your answers are right at your fingertips. We can't answer every little detail of every question. Eveyone is different. And no one can give you advice about what is best for you. You need to start experiimenting, listening to your own body, and following the diet that Heather has taken great time in outlining in her posts!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#170514 - 04/17/05 03:54 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Everyone's body does not work the same - or respond the same way to fiber. We are not all on the same fiber here --- or the same supplements. Each of us has found (or is still finding) what works for our individual bodies. You will have to do some experiments. There are some general guidelines -- and many people do start with acacia first. If it's not available in your local store - you can buy it from Heather right on here site here. Just look on the left hand side of your screen - where it says IBS supplements.

Acacia new
      #170515 - 04/17/05 04:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Acacia is a prebiotic and a SFS (it's Acacia based, not psyllium or inulin). Citrucel and Benefiber are SFSs...some people like them best but you have to make sure you don't get the version with srtificial sweeteners in.

Some people find a probtiotic helps, some don't. Unfortunately there are no complete answers...everyone's different so you have to try stuff out.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2690 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1534

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review