All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
english muffins? and veggies
      #168049 - 04/07/05 02:23 PM
red1

Reged: 04/07/05

Well- wondered if the thomas/s english muffins- they have sourdough ones are ok? Also- I am so much better if I eat no vegetables at all- in terms of gas- but how healthy is it not to eat any veggies.? help

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: english muffins? and veggies new
      #168089 - 04/07/05 03:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think Thomas' has HFCS in it. Look for a brand without HFCS and they are very safe.
It is not healthy to not eat veggies but try to worry about feeling better at first and incorporating veggies in when you can. Sometimes people do go a few weeks with an unhealthy diet to get their gut on track. Try overcooked carrots and other root veggies first, then overcooked and mashed peas.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#168090 - 04/07/05 03:34 PM
Suze

Reged: 02/24/05
Loc: Virginia

Don't know about the sourdough muffins...regular Thomas English Muffins have dairy...

I was a vegetarian for years...now I can't eat them...or at least I can't figure out how to eat them without feeling really lousy. Don't know how healthy it is, but right now I'd rather be IBS-free. I know some people have success with eating baby food veggies, or running them through a blender first. Also, eating soluble fiber first is a good idea. You should be able to eat some veggies (the ones that are soluble fiber), like sweet potatoes (without the skin), regular potatoes (no skin) and carrots. I think beets, rutabagas, squash and mushrooms are soluble fiber, too.

Good luck!

-Sue

#168197 - 04/08/05 12:33 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yeah take it slow. I didn't eat any veggies that weren't on the SF list for AGES! But there's LOTS on there. If you're nervous, just get some bread or something in first...but stuff like well cooked carrots or applesauce is pretty safe.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 825 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 784

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review