All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
How do I figure out-
      #167874 - 04/07/05 07:25 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Alright- I really don't know what went wrong between lastnight and this morning.
I made a recipe for chicken- all it was: cooked chicken, red & green peppers, onions, chicken broth,ushrooms, & pasta noodles. I ate mostly the noodles and mushrooms from it- I made sure not to get any onion or peppers- Well the best I could anyway.
I ate at 5:00 last night. I was fine all night-
This morning I woke up had my morning oatmeal, had a normal BM- took an aciphex pill (I took one yesterday afternoon, and then one this morning)went to work. Got to work ran to the bathroom- explosive BM. Finished up- 5 minutes later back in explosive BM again. Now it has been 2 1/2 hours since I had another BM. Was this the diarrhea or was this just considered loose stool??? D is not normal for me- I am supossed to be C.
And how do I figure out what did it?
I know alot of people told me that foods that are troublesome to them sometimes doesn't affect them immed. so how do I know which one it was- the mushrooms, maybe I got some peppers in there that I missed. I am so confused.
I have eaten this morning- some grahama crackers and I just had an english muffin so far it has been 45 minutes and I have kept it in. So we'll see.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I get so scared when stuff like this happens.

Melissa

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do I figure out- new
      #167876 - 04/07/05 07:30 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

your meal sounds very safe to me - esp if you avoided onions and peppers. are you taking an sfs? because maybe that is disagreeing with you. I started on a minute amount of acacia and it made me so unbelievably D it was awful...I am usually a C and sometimes go a bit sloppy but never pure D....just a thought...wish you better!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#167878 - 04/07/05 07:34 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Honestly, if D isn't at all normal for you, I would entertain the possibility that you have a tummy bug. There's still all kinds of kooky viruses going around, at least up here.

If it has to be an attack, though, I would almost say that it's a completely random one. Attacks don't *have* to be triggered by food, there's so many other factors - not getting enough sleep, medication side effects, skipping a med, eating too much at a meal, eating too little over all, being sick or coming down with something... I could go on and on. I don't know how "stable" you are normally, but I know that when I was getting stable, I often had attacks that had NO trigger whatsoever.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better quickly!

#167882 - 04/07/05 07:50 AM
melissam

I use Citrucel- I've been on that for a few months so I surely don't think it is that.
This is so hard to figure out though.
Thanks to both of you for your input. I usually am "stable"- Loose stool/D isn't normal for me- But we'll just go with it for today.
Thanks again girls.
Have a great day!

--------------------
Melissa

#167884 - 04/07/05 07:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree, not all "attacks" are brought on by food. I often have "attacks" for no apparent reason at all, VERY FRUSTRASTING!!! I know that anything onion, even if I pick them out of my food, will give me major gas and bloating, do you usually cook with them without problems?

I'd stick with mostly soluble fiber today but if you do that for too long, it could rebound into C. Its so hard to find a good balance. Graham crackers are one of my favorite foods to eat when my tummy is upset! Feel better!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#167890 - 04/07/05 08:13 AM
melissam

I really can't answer the onion question because it has been so long since I had onions- I never had a problem with them before I don't think.
Like you said- IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!
I will definately stay on the easy stuff today...
I read yourpost on the Oprah stuff- You did actually get a call from them correct??
I get messed up with the posts sometimes...

--------------------
Melissa

#167892 - 04/07/05 08:16 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Personally, I have trouble with oatmeal. Try other things for breakfast and see if there's a difference.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#167894 - 04/07/05 08:19 AM
michele

I USED to be able to eat onions and my favorite, Garlic, until about a year or two ago. And I've had IBS for about 19 years! It seemed like over night every time I ate something that was even cooked with either onion or garlic, I'd be miserable-so would everyone around me from the stinky gas !!

Yes, I actually did recieve a call from "the oprah people" yesterday afternoon! I sent the girl thay called me an email this morning also. I doubt anything will come of it but they ARE doing a show on IBS, they are taping a week from Monday but she couldn't tell me when it was going to air. I haven't seen an oprah show in years because I work all day but I want to tape this one so I can see what thier so called experts have to say!!!

--------------------

#167896 - 04/07/05 08:19 AM
melissam

I remember you telling me this before-
I have to try having a bagel or english muffin instead.
It is just so amazing how I could eat everything and anything I wanted before this IBS stuff- and now - Well we all know how it is now.

Thanks for your reply!

Have a great day
melissa

--------------------
Melissa

#167897 - 04/07/05 08:21 AM
michele

Oatmeal has always been good for my tummy but some people can't tolerate it. Honeycomb cerel with Vanilla RiceMilk is really good if you want to try something different!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4055 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1630

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review